New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bill/Oregon and TomP might be SOL. Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
The Democratic National Committee and allied groups to try to block third-party candidates from the 2024 ballot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36556 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Lane, my friend, the Democratic and Republican parties have both lost all sense of reason. Both must be destroyed and we start over.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16373 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lane, my friend,

Smiler Back to you Bill. Hope, the back is better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36556 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

We already have that sort of thing here, with the "top-two" primary ballot for statewide offices. It is grim humor when the cradle of the Peace and Freedom Party strangles third-party efforts in their cribs, and wholly unnecessary since Democrats ruled even then.

At some point, I expect karma to reassert itself and the state can return to its roots as a republic.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14373 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It sounds like you guys are moving towards a chinese system of democracy. 'You can vote for who we choose."

Posts: 4239 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Lane, my friend, the Democratic and Republican parties have both lost all sense of reason. Both must be destroyed and we start over.

I don't see it as being about politics at this point. It's about whether you support the person who incited an insurrection and attempted to thwart the will of the electorate in a general election. It's beyond belief to me that anybody wants a return to a candidate who, to this day, lies about election fraud and who is publicly stating that the seditionists who have been jailed for storming the Capital of the United States should be released because they are patriots.

You can disagree with Democratic policies and platforms but they're not the ones who tried to stay in office through lies and violence.

It's an easy choice if you believe in our system of government. trump is a cancer.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
It sounds like you guys are moving towards a chinese system of democracy. 'You can vote for who we choose."

That is exactly how it is in Western so called “democracies”

You included.

Two party system has gotten so corrupted not sure we can sort it out!

Every country has a left leaning party and a right leaning party.

Non is better than the other.

Voting almost always gets split half way.

And whoever is in power pays all their attention to the fringe freaks! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66946 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
except we dont have a two party system.

And lets face it, even the chinese system offers more choice than the one your people are under.

And the real benefit of democracy is that the legal and justice system is not so easily corruptible or able to be dictated too by the leadership of the country. Not something you can say about your nation.

Posts: 4239 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's already happening.

Just ask Bernie Sanders.

Of course, having honeymooned in Russia, he understands the concept of not rocking the boat...

The Republicans did Ron Paul dirty in 2008 as well but for whatever reason that gets lost in the mix.

I think we're there already.

Posts: 2928 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:

I don't see it as being about politics at this point. It's about whether you support the person who incited an insurrection and attempted to thwart the will of the electorate in a general election. It's beyond belief to me that anybody wants a return to a candidate who, to this day, lies about election fraud and who is publicly stating that the seditionists who have been jailed for storming the Capital of the United States should be released because they are patriots.

You can disagree with Democratic policies and platforms but they're not the ones who tried to stay in office through lies and violence.

It's an easy choice if you believe in our system of government. trump is a cancer.

You nailed it.

An intelligent person would have to submit to a convoluted set of primitive rationalizations to vote for a man they know in their hearts they should not support.

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have determined that the real party, the real religion of these folks is Christian Nationalism.

The language used by President Trump and Dr. Easter is the same language as Germany and Austria-Hungary, pre-WWI Germanic Nationalist the views of numerous völkisch writers like Guido von List, Jörg Lanz von Liebenfels, and Hans Günther (the Race Pope).

Change Voltan out their corruption of Jesus, Slavs and Jews for Latin and African Americans, and the language is one to one comparison with the same grounded on belief to make the movement a religion or cult.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

And lets face it, even the chinese system offers more choice than the one your people are under.

And the real benefit of democracy is that the legal and justice system is not so easily corruptible or able to be dictated too by the leadership of the country. Not something you can say about your nation.

You are forgetting the most important fact my friend.

No matter what system, no matter who is in charge.

THEY make the decisions.

At least in ours, those in charge do look after their citizens.

They don't use them as political party black mail items.

"I will give you so so if you pick me"

A promise very soon forgotten as soon as they are in.

Posts: 66946 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
saeed,

The benevolent dictator theory! I completely understand and would agree if it was my favorite dictator, but there is no guarantee of that. That said, the majority of the American people appear to be too stupid function, let alone vote.

Posts: 10010 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree the Dims bribe voters -- welfare, student loan forgiveness, illegals, etc.

Posts: 10010 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

THEY make the decisions.

I think you avoided the point.

And you are under a misapprehension if you think your crew is doing anything other than looking after themselves in some way better than ours.
Yes we trade politics, but overall we make better decisions if you go off of comparisons such as these quality of living graphs.

https://www.mercer.com/insight...living-city-ranking/

Administrator
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

THEY make the decisions.

“They “ do make the decisions, but if we don’t like them we have the opportunity to boot them out or even stand ourselves for election and do things differently.

What do you do ( as an average citizen) if you don’t like something about the way your country is run? Very few dictatorships are benevolent, aside from UAE and Oman I’m struggling to think of others.

As the average Joe doesn’t have a say in who runs things there is no guarantee that the next incumbent will be as benevolent.

Posts: 7164 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nute:
quote:
quote:

THEY make the decisions.

“They “ do make the decisions, but if we don’t like them we have the opportunity to boot them out or even stand ourselves for election and do things differently.

What do you do ( as an average citizen) if you don’t like something about the way your country is run? Very few dictatorships are benevolent, aside from UAE and Oman I’m struggling to think of others.

As the average Joe doesn’t have a say in who runs things there is no guarantee that the next incumbent will be as benevolent.

You do boot them out.

Replace them by another bunch of even worse crooks!

It never stop amazing me how you in the UK pick your rulers!

A silly idiot paid by big business was in charge.

You kicked him and chose one of Indian origin so he makes better sense to others.

London has a bloody stupid commie in charge.

Crime is rampant and all he thinks of is ULEZ!

I see now he is for re election he says he will not add more stupid greenie ULEZ!

Labor looks like being taking over next election!

We will be having exactly the same discussion after that! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
Yep, there is a lot here which is less than ideal. I don’t like Khan, but the people of London voted for him.

But again, what can you do if you don’t like the rules made by those in charge?

Posts: 7164 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I cannot wait to see Angel in charge!

Almost as stupid as Kamala! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
I agree the Dims bribe voters -- welfare, student loan forgiveness, illegals, etc.

But, tax cuts for rich republicans and corporations aren't bribes, are they? 2020

And, by the way, most people on welfare don't vote, most students don't vote and zero "illegals" (who don't qualify for any government assistance) vote.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

But, tax cuts for rich republicans and corporations aren't bribes, are they? 2020

And, by the way, most people on welfare don't vote, most students don't vote and zero "illegals" (who don't qualify for any government assistance) vote.

Now voting is done electronically, no one should trust it!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dubai at 79th and Abu dhabi at 84th for quality of living. And they are the best tony of the middle east can do.
Why is it that our democracies that you despise so much offer such better quality of life than your dictatorships Saeed?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

How would you know?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

And what is the reelection rate for incumbents, 90% ?

Posts: 15874 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
quote:

And what is the reelection rate for incumbents, 90% ?

Depends if they are perceived to have done a good job. Boris was kicked out because he lied. I don’t know when the next election will be but I’d be surprised if half of the present govt are reelected, might be less.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

How would you know?

Trump said so! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

And farm and corporate subsidies, those aren't "bribes" either.

It's simple: Anything Democrats do that benefits the majority of people is a bribe to get votes, while anything Republicans do for those who finance their campaigns or, for Supreme Court Justices, their ritzy vacations and RVs, is just what Baby Jesus wants.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9569 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Farms and corporations make things.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dubai at 79th and Abu dhabi at 84th for quality of living. And they are the best tony of the middle east can do.
Why is it that our democracies that you despise so much offer such better quality of life than your dictatorships Saeed?

UAE Government :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Arab_Emirates

But Saeed is an expert on American Democracy

Posts: 704 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zebrazapper:
Farms and corporations make things.

And we pay them for those things when we buy them. Why do we have to subsidize them with our tax money too?

Ever see a steak in the supermarket that said "Discounted because the cow ate publicly-owned grass and the rancher got his losses covered by the government"? Bought lumber marked "Discounted because the trees came from National Forest land where the government paid more to make us a road than we paid for the trees"?

Posts: 9569 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
An outsiders view. I dearly wish your farmers were not subsidised. Ours aren't. But given the large percentage of the produce you produce is used in the US, the subsidies could well be considered a way of keeping food prices lower and more affordable for the low income. And that shows in the relative difference in basic food items price between your country and mine.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
An outsiders view. I dearly wish your farmers were not subsidised. Ours aren't. But given the large percentage of the produce you produce is used in the US, the subsidies could well be considered a way of keeping food prices lower and more affordable for the low income. And that shows in the relative difference in basic food items price between your country and mine.

Our subsidies make absolutely no difference in the prices we pay, practically all the food sold in the U.S. is sold by huge conglomerates, whether or not they produce it, and the prices they charge are not "cost plus a reasonable profit", which would result in subsidized food being cheaper, but rather the prices are set by MBAs who calculate the ideal point between maximum profit and diminished demand.

They simply charge everything they can without driving down demand or leaving an opening for any alternative to enter the market. They farm subsidies as an extra crop, fertilizing with lobbyist money and campaign donations.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shanks we have discussed this, and you are right of course.
I wont even get into jeffi's post, he knows nothing about it and uses BS to get by.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep. its like wealthy urban elite who push for the end to factory farming, because they can afford 3 x the price for a dozen eggs.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep. its like wealthy urban elite who push for the end to factory farming, because they can afford 3 x the price for a dozen eggs.

Bingo.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zebrazapper:
quote:

Bingo.

I get some of our eggs from a guy with chickens that run around his place eating bugs.
He gets more money than the supermarket pays him, and I pay less than the supermarket charges.
Not that the supermarket margins are so big...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14373 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote