Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poor Alec... His "friends" are turning on him. Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Hard to say if all this is true, I'll leave that to the jury to decide.

https://deadline.com/2023/02/a...1235239588/#comments

John in Oregon

Posts: 938 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can’t help but believe that if the gun is in your hand, you are responsible for anything that happens with it.

Would anyone here ever pick up, or be handed a firearm without checking to see if it’s loaded, or loaded correctly in the case of blanks?

Posts: 5752 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We are talking about a film set.

Where the actors ALWAYS shoot blanks.

You also have an armorer, who is supposed to make sure everything is in order.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67045 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tumbleweed:
I can’t help but believe that if the gun is in your hand, you are responsible for anything that happens with it.

Would anyone here ever pick up, or be handed a firearm without checking to see if it’s loaded, or loaded correctly in the case of blanks?

First thing grandson learned. If you haven't checked it yourself, assume it's loaded. Don't point it at things that don't need a hole.

But he doesn't work in the movie business. I have to think Baldwin's culpability lies in his project management practices.

And I can't keep from wondering who introduced the live round. Was it intended to be a prank on a rabid gun-control fanatic?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14391 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The final responsibly lies in the hand holding the gun!.!.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

100% correct ^^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36651 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
click,click,click,click,,,,boom
you could place a thud here, but I won't.

Posts: 4983 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I feel badly for "Poor Alec". He shot a friend, he killed a woman. Had to and has to be horrible.

Posts: 9139 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
He’s a scumbag. If convicted, I hope he does time. This is the same guy that called his own daughter a fat little piggy in a message he left on her phone. HE KILLED SOMEONE BY POINTING A WEAPON AT HER AND PULLED THE TRIGGER WHILE PRACTICING HIS QUICKDRAW! barf thumbdown

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13179 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I'm aware of his history.

I think I'm a very good dad. I don't consider myself extra smart or virtuous or brave, it's just single minded dedication. I did a North Dakota pheasant hunt last year. The kid went, I focused the trip around her and by golly we killed pheasants together!

Immna do a guided Nevada Muley hunt this next fall. I told the guide the six year old is going and we cater to her as well as find the biggest buck there is. He digs it, we're in and it's gonna be great.

I get these random and horrifying images in my head of seeing my kid on the bottom of a swimming pool, run over in the driveway, hurt in a snowmobile accident. None of that has even close to happened, but I get flashes of that kind of shit.

You think Baldwin doesn't see that girl being killed with the bullet he fired several times everyday?

Crippling and I do feel bad for him.

Posts: 9139 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:

You think Baldwin doesn't see that girl being killed with the bullet he fired several times everyday?

Interesting that you don't mention the victim's family and thinking of their last moments and what was lost by Alec's carelessness.

Take Alec out of the picture. If someone you trusted handed you a pistol and told you it was unloaded, then you proceeded to point it at another friend a pulled the trigger and a discharge occurred, do you think for a moment that you wouldn't be criminally charged?

John in Oregon

Posts: 938 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Except Baldwin’s job is to point the gun and required to rely upon the expert.

The prosecution’s statements have tipped the theory of the case revolving on the Production being unsafe for violating protocols. Baldwin being a producer knowing his set was unsafe leading to a foreseeable death.

Posts: 10978 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the evidence is that:
1. There was multiple gun related rule violations on set and the actor and producer, Baldwin knew about it and did nothing.
2. That Baldwin ignored firearm training.
3. That Baldwin was not filming but rather practicing at the time.
4. That there was no good reason to point at the lady.
5. That Baldwin stated he never pulled the trigger. And the jury believes that was a lie designed to protect Baldwin.
6. That the other people on set testify to the above. And the guy who already plead guilty, testifies.

I like the state’s case of proving sufficient negligence on Baldwin’s part as actor and producer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kind of ironic that an antigunner would use a gun for personal financial gain

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1217 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnly:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:

Interesting that you don't mention the victim's family and thinking of their last moments and what was lost by Alec's carelessness.

Take Alec out of the picture. If someone you trusted handed you a pistol and told you it was unloaded, then you proceeded to point it at another friend a pulled the trigger and a discharge occurred, do you think for a moment that you wouldn't be criminally charged?

Oh come on. Roll Eyes

Of course I feel badly for the victims, but they didn't do anything wrong, Baldwin did. No matter what the court decides, Baldwin did it and it has to haunt him. If I were guilty I'd never get over it.

I never said he shouldn't be charged, he killed the woman.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I certainly wouldn't but I can promise you that his defense lawyers will put on evidence establishing that is the normal procedure on TV and movie productions. Those actors don't check the weapons before the cameras start rolling. It doesn't happen. They rely on the armorer.

Do any of you think that the fact that this is literally a one in a million occurrence means anything legally? How many times have actors pointed guns at other human beings and pulled the trigger in the last 100 years without anyone being injured or killed?

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Navaluk:
If the evidence is that:
1. There was multiple gun related rule violations on set and the actor and producer, Baldwin knew about it and did nothing.
5. That Baldwin stated he never pulled the trigger. And the jury believes that was a lie designed to protect Baldwin.
6. That the other people on set testify to the above. And the guy who already plead guilty, testifies.

I like the state’s case of proving sufficient negligence on Baldwin’s part as actor and producer.

This.

Posts: 10978 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:
Originally posted by Navaluk:
If the evidence is that:

This.

Not Baldwin's first rodeo with a gun in a movie, one would assume that training would stick.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1606 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They shouldn't be playing with real guns, pointing them at other human beings, in the first place.

Posts: 6164 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLbrLEj4icM

I had a "Rust" moment about four months ago. A friend had a birthday. He had always talked about going deer hunting with his son-in-law, but had never actually shot a gun before. I invited him (on me) to go to a range and shoot a .308 Win. and a 25-06 Rem. We spent plenty of time talking safety. I could not get him to keep his finger off the trigger and repeatedly cautioned him.

He took the safety off and pulled the trigger in the same motion as we switched places. Our session ended right there. He swore he never pulled the trigger. Like Baldwin, he had no clue, and swore he didn't do anything wrong. The .308 that "misfired" with him, never "misfired" with me in 58 years, but did with him in less than five minutes. Some people should never get within ten feet of a gun. My friend is one of those people. Baldwin is another. He's ultimately responsible for the death on the movie set, but he is not the only one that needs to shoulder the blame. After listening to the interviews, this was an accident waiting to happen.

Posts: 13784 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ANTELOPEDUNDEE:

!any do! They are total hypocrites, and usually firmly aligned on the left side of the aisle.....

Posts: 41790 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CNN reporting they are dropping manslaughter charge against the
former father of the year.

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
They shouldn't be playing with real guns, pointing them at other human beings, in the first place.

EXACTLY!
Why the need for actual firearms when prop guns which cannot fire live ammunition are available for the purpose?

That little change in the industry could be easily accomplished.
Why hasn't it?

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

100% correct ^^^

Agree also.

Posts: 5701 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have noticed recently, because it is natural for me to notice these things, that many shows are no using fake guns in their productions. This is fine and is the way it should be. I have no doubt that Baldwin's screw-up (and it was his screw-up)has changed industry thinking on this. Regards Bill

Posts: 3535 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not consider that a better thing.

It is like those floppy aluminum swords in old movies. Just ruins it.

Along with all the CGI.

Funny John Wick seems to still use firearms on set and no one dies.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ANTELOPEDUNDEE:

I would say hypocritical,.......but democrats will be democrats....

Posts: 41790 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
I do not consider that a better thing.

It is like those floppy aluminum swords in old movies. Just ruins it.

Along with all the CGI.

Funny John Wick seems to still use firearms on set and no one dies.

No one dies until another mistake is made.

I'm not sure how I see prop guns are any less realistic than light sabers, Death Stars, Iron Man's costume or Tom Cruise blowing up the enemy fighter jet.

Why is anyone in entertainment pointing real guns for show after the retirement of Annie Oakley?

Seems like a lot of Tom Hanks stuff is very entertaining without a firearm fake or not.