New
Find
Notify
Tools

The only thing that matters is policy Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted
Decency, character, wisdom, honesty all take a distant backseat to policy.

Lane, would you vote for Marjorie Taylor Green, Lauren Boebart over a Democrat?

Posts: 8613 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not Lane, but who is the democrat?

Most of the democrats are just the leftist versions of the GOP, so that would make it easy.

I have voted democrat on rare occasions and it was purely based on the 4 criteria you listed. Unfortunately, my assessment of them was not always accurate. When it was, I was happy with my vote.

Posts: 10600 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Are you nuts?

Of course I would if it was a binary choice in a General election.

I however spend time listening, finding, and supporting better candidates in the Primaries in my districts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36551 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not me. The person matters. The people you voted for in the General are nuts and insurrectionist.

Posts: 10837 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schrodinger:

And enlighten us.

Who in the Dims who has ANY human decency? clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66936 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Not me. The person matters. The people you voted for in the General are nuts and insurrectionist.

Of course the person matters…just not as much as policy and the general trends.

Its the difference between playing checkers and chess.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36551 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually, it's the difference between the end justifies the means, and the means justifies the end.

For example, voting as Lane does, for the reasons, leads to this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...4e98bda8910129275ae0

DOJ seeks to force Trump attorney to testify in documents probe, say sources
7h ago

================================================

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19663 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
Spot on Magine

Posts: 8613 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Former agent of far-right policy:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...43e892b85418ebae27d9

Trump is preparing for more American carnage
Opinion by Heather Digby Parton • 1h ago

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19663 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

Of course the person matters…just not as much as policy and the general trends.

Its the difference between playing checkers and chess.

Did you see where Sen McConnell said he would support Mussolini if he were to win the R primary? That attitude and approach is costing GOP elections. Keep it up. Your approach failed for the last 3 election cycles.

Move to the middle or become irrelevant for the White House, Most Governor’s races, and Senate.

Posts: 10837 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do think the person matters.

However, what do you do when the choices are only modestly different?

That was where I thought I was on Election Day with regards to Trump.

Trump finally pushed himself out of my willingness to hold my nose, but Biden didn’t make the level to vote for him, either. At the time, I felt Biden was close to as morally repugnant as Trump and supported horrid policy on top of that.

As I said before, in retrospect I would have written in someone before voting for Trump or Biden.

Frankly, I don’t think a guy who I feel would be able to be morally good enough for me to override his political affiliation could possibly pass the Democrat party’s current litmus tests. Of course, I doubt that a person who is so morally outstanding that I would expect our democrat supporters to acknowledge they would vote for him despite being a Republican could get through the GOP’s nomination system, either.

Too many hot issues with strong party support on both sides. Both parties have their fringes exercising undue power in the selection process.

Posts: 10600 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Move to the middle

Who gets to define this nebulos region?

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
General Election voters.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
To the OP: I presume you voted for Biden Meow Meow? Will you share which of his policies you currently favor be they economic, foreign, military or any other?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...46d78cf66f329a26ad9b

Why Neither Party Can Escape Trump
Opinion by David Axelrod • 5h ago

(excerpt)

Biden has a strong story to tell for his reelection campaign. Having inherited a country and an economy racked by a pandemic, the president has presided over record job growth that has yielded the lowest unemployment rate in more than half a century. Despite a sharply divided Congress, he delivered a suite of major legislative achievements, including measures to rebuild the country’s infrastructure, undergird America’s advanced manufacturing against China, and accelerate the transition to green energy. His orchestration of the allied response to Russian aggression in Ukraine has won praise. And he indisputably has restored a sense of normalcy and decency to the White House after the grinding and convulsive Trump presidency.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Those are actions. What specific, enumerated policies can you point to? What you listed can be debated.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with 500 the person is what I vote on not the party. The parties are way too strong and it shows. The lunatics from both parties are controlling them and until we as votes get over the idea of having to vote for a party and we vote out some of these idiots we will not progress.

Posts: 499 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schrodinger:

Well cat, buddy, you voted for goofy joe and he has no decency, character, wisdom or honesty......and absolutely no policy....

But! He doesn't do mean tweets!!!

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He has more decency & character than Greene , Boebert, Santos, Cruz, Jordan, etc combined.

https://youtu.be/kLMYW8jFPHg

Posts: 15870 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
He has more decency & character than Greene , Boebert, Santos, Cruz, Jordan, etc combined.

Ill take that and raise you a Blumenthal, watters, jackson-lee, schiff, Pelosi and schumer!

There ya go.....

Throw them stones glass house boy!

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The biggest problem with putting policy ahead of character is that someone without character can lie about his/her policies.

Posts: 6102 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
The biggest problem with putting policy ahead of character is that someone without character can lie about his/her policies.

Albeit…when the opposition tells you straight up they are 180 to every view you have…

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:

Ill take that and raise you a Blumenthal, watters, jackson-lee, schiff, Pelosi and schumer!

There ya go.....

Throw them stones glass house boy!

With a Swallwell still in you hand.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Albeit…when the opposition tells you straight up they are 180 to every view you have…

Both parties oppose anything the other proposes!

You can’t blame just one.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66936 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
quote:

Both parties oppose anything the other proposes!

You can’t blame just one.

But when one party aligns itself with 80% of your beliefs and the other 0…

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
80% of your beliefs

Perhaps/probably that's the root problem.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's an example of party/policy over sanity:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...4e89b79daf67aed78522

Meet the Michigan GOP’s New Leader: An Election Denier Who Believes ‘Demonic Possession’ Can Be Transmitted Through ‘Intimate Relationships’
Story by Ken Meyer • 6h ago

================================================

Can you imagine who this bitch has been fucking?

XXX

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:
80% of your beliefs

Perhaps/probably that's the root problem.

I have no problem ME.

Life is good in TX and OK. Quite content actually.

You on the other hand… Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My contentment, what there is of it, comes from natures reality, facts and evidence.

I consider contentment stemming out of fantasy simply a mind game I'm not going to engage in. Such contentment endures so long as one can hold onto the fantasy, affirm it, make it alt-reality - all consuming.

It's a compelling force because of the void without it - pooff, vapor, gone in a split-second.

Congrats that you found contentment, and filled the void.

XXX