THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    One Israeli Jet and one missle takes out Iran S300 missile system

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One Israeli Jet and one missle takes out Iran S300 missile system Login/Join 
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted
They never saw it coming.

I don't believe it. Had to be those Jewish Space Lasers at work.

Seriously though, I think the Russians are shitting in their pants knowing the West can take out their "foolproof" system so easily. Iran might think twice next time they launch 300 missiles to their West.

Don

Posts: 26540 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Didn't Saddam find out how shitty their SCUDS were after he used them in the Mother of all Wars?

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1162 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Couldn't have been deployed against a nicer regime, could it? Cool

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16368 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRG:
They never saw it coming.

I don't believe it. Had to be those Jewish Space Lasers at work.

Seriously though, I think the Russians are shitting in their pants knowing the West can take out their "foolproof" system so easily. Iran might think twice next time they launch 300 missiles to their West.

Don

clap

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36551 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
Good on them, excellent use of a single missile!!

The Ukrainians have blown a few up with various things too, including an artillery shell strapped to a drone.

Posts: 7160 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
And again, it doesn't look like Russia or Iran live up to the hype.

I doubt either are shitting themselves, they both have decades of education in a lack of American resolve. Funny, General Washington fought a war of attrition to beat King George and now that's the standard play against the USA. Sure, there is the possibility that the burr in America's saddle that changes that could be either of them.

The United States has had the superiority for decades, clear back to the USS New Jersey, the B52, M16 and the Marine Corps. Nobody's stood a chance against our onslaught, they just wait, hide and let us loose interest.

Posts: 9089 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
Nobody's stood a chance against our onslaught, they just wait, hide and let us loose interest.

Very few scholars of tactics would dispute the Fabian Strategy?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Again it reinforces the danger of nations who have no regard for thier people. Even when thier weapons are third class. Such as what Russia is doing in Ukraine and Iran with its proxy's in different spots. Then they can still be a danger.

Posts: 4235 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Still trying to play catch-up here:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news...itary-bases-in-syria

So, tell me if I've got this wrong; an American base in Syria, (a Russian ally,) is being attacked by forces within Iraq, a nation America conquered two decades ago. Have I got that right?

Is there a lesson to noodle out of all of this? 2020

Posts: 9089 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
Again it reinforces the danger of nations who have no regard for thier people. Even when thier weapons are third class. Such as what Russia is doing in Ukraine and Iran with its proxy's in different spots. Then they can still be a danger.

Uh, that's nothing new. Ghengis Khan, the Romans, the Iranians and Iraqis, Koreans, Chinese, Somalis, Rwandans, ......

What is new and wrong is the Western propensity for aiding the enemy. The West firebombed hundreds of thousands of civilians in Germany and Japan BEFORE! the nuke. Today , right this very week the West is rushing aid to Iran's proxy's in Gaza. Mind blown.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah I didn't say it was new. Just that unless you are very well prepared, it works. Until they run out of people.

Posts: 4235 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The sad thing was in the old days the saying was we would sell the reds the rope they would hang us with…

Now we give them the rope for free because we hope (with no reason to think so) they will like us better because we gave them the rope.

Posts: 10599 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:

So, tell me if I've got this wrong; an American base in Syria, (a Russian ally,) is being attacked by forces within Iraq, a nation America conquered two decades ago. Have I got that right?

Why yes there is. Neville Chamberlain style appeasement, never has and never will work.

The only thing rouge regimes understand is overwhelming power.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3385 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:

Why yes there is. Neville Chamberlain style appeasement, never has and never will work.

On this we agree, exactly why the support package for Ukraine was important.

Posts: 189 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Bertram:
quote:
quote:

Ok, now in complete honesty, do you believe the Iranian proxy's would have have attacked our bases with Trump as POTUS?

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3385 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ok, now in complete honesty, do you believe the Iranian proxy's would have have attacked our bases with Trump as POTUS?

Is that a trick question? Irian proxies attacked US bases more than once when Trump was President, why would I think today would be any different than his 2016-2020 term?

https://www.armytimes.com/flas...tack-on-kirkuk-base/

https://www.foxnews.com/world/...es-between-oct-17-31

Posts: 189 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Is that a trick question? Irian proxies attacked US bases more than once when Trump was President, why would I think today would be any different than his 2016-2020 term?

https://www.armytimes.com/flas...tack-on-kirkuk-base/

https://www.foxnews.com/world/...es-between-oct-17-31

And If I remember correctly, there was a military response to those.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You asked if I thought the Iranian proxies would have attacked if Trump was POTUS, my answer is yes, they did when he was POTUUS and I imagine it would be no different today if he were in office.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Putin didn't roll on ewecrane when trump was President.....

Hamas didn't go crazy in Israel when Trump was president.....

We didn't get 11million illegal aliens when trump was president....

Gasoline was under two dollars a gallon when Trump was president...

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Maybe nuanced slightly different; the only thing Rogue Regimes can be pacified with is annihilation.

If a drug cartel or the gangs in Haiti, the Taliban, Saadam Husein, or our own American street gangs truly believed that the opponent would only claim victory upon their extermination, I believe it'd make a difference in their reasoning. No armistice, no DMZ. The fighting in Gaza could have and should have been over months ago, but of course Hamas is happy to use their Palestinian citizens as shields and they rightfully hope and believe the Idiot West will come to their aid in opposition to Israel. Yes, waffles are an American made meal.

It strikes me as looney to a previously thought impossible level to conquer Iraq then muddle around in Russia's ally Syria, walk off on Iraq and now be attacked at our American base on Syrian soil by Iranian forces working in Iraq.

Abbot and Costello's, "who's on first?".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Maybe nuanced slightly different; the only thing Rogue Regimes can be pacified with is annihilation.

If a drug cartel or the gangs in Haiti, the Taliban, Saadam Husein, or our own American street gangs truly believed that the opponent would only claim victory upon their extermination, I believe it'd make a difference in their reasoning. No armistice, no DMZ. The fighting in Gaza could have and should have been over months ago, but of course Hamas is happy to use their Palestinian citizens as shields and they rightfully hope and believe the Idiot West will come to their aid in opposition to Israel. Yes, waffles are an American made meal.

It strikes me as looney to a previously thought impossible level to conquer Iraq then muddle around in Russia's ally Syria, walk off on Iraq and now be attacked at our American base on Syrian soil by Iranian forces working in Iraq.

Absolute accurate insight. I've also been amazed at the term "proportionate response" as it relates to military engagements.

overwhelming and devastating first response is what would immediately end most hostile aggression. If you remove the will to fight from your enemy, battle is over.

Not unlike the continuous bombing in Iraq resulted in wholesale surrender. Not saying the war was legit, just stating the tactic was effective.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Absolute accurate insight. I've also been amazed at the term "proportionate response" as it relates to military engagements.

overwhelming and devastating first response is what would immediately end most hostile aggression. If you remove the will to fight from your enemy, battle is over.

Not unlike the continuous bombing in Iraq resulted in wholesale surrender. Not saying the war was legit, just stating the tactic was effective.

I tend to agree. Kind of reminds me of every boyhood lesson i got. Walk away from every fight you can, if you can run away even better. But if you cant do either be so violent that nobody wants a part of you. That was from my Dad and even at 42 I think hes kind of smart. Maybe we need to apply the schoolyard to global politics?

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zebrazapper:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I tend to agree. Kind of reminds me of every boyhood lesson i got. Walk away from every fight you can, if you can run away even better. But if you cant do either be so violent that nobody wants a part of you. That was from my Dad and even at 42 I think hes kind of smart. Maybe we need to apply the schoolyard to global politics?

Amazing how similar our dads are. I am 60 and still wish I had taken his advice in younger life more often.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36551 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
P.S. Steve in full agree with your post as well.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

How about we apply some of that to the schoolyard at Columbia University.

Posts: 26540 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Never happen. The POTUS is trying desperately to thread the needle, keep the Jewish vote AND the Islamic vote in Minnesota and Michigan.

He likely will get neither due to his inability to pick the right side and do the right thing.

Yes, I'm saying supporting Israel at the expense of appeasing a radical terror group is the right thing to do.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Never happen. The POTUS is trying desperately to thread the needle, keep the Jewish vote AND the Islamic vote in Minnesota and Michigan.

He likely will get neither due to his inability to pick the right side and do the right thing.

Yes, I'm saying supporting Israel at the expense of appeasing a radical terror group is the right thing to do.

Columbia is a funny animal. It is supposed to be a bastion of free thinkers but mostly its conformists. I did not go to Columbia but I went to Penn and I think the experience is very similar. When i ask myself about israel and their actions, i wonder what would the American people have agreed to do on 9/12? You can support them or not but maybe look at it through those optics for a second. As far as I go, i like stability. This half measure stuff is going to be problematic and drag on forever. If they (either side) are going to do this give it your best shot and lets sort this out. I have a soft spot for Israel though. if someone attacked my kids at a concert and killed them or abducted them, if i had the capacity to, i would kill them where they slept.