THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Congrats to Vincent Hancock, Gold in Skeet!!!!!

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Competitive Shooting    Developing Loads for National Match Rifles (No Scope)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Developing Loads for National Match Rifles (No Scope)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a good article about reloading the M1A.

http://www.zediker.com/downloads/14_loading.pdf

My favorite quote:

quote:
The staple M14 bullet was (still is, in a way)
the Sierra® #2200. This 168gr bullet is the
first to try: if this bullet doesn’t shoot in
your rifle, the weapon is cursed. More than
I know anything else in life, stick 41.5gr
H4895 in an IMI® case with a CCI® BR2™
primer and cap it with a #2200 to 2.800
inches oal. Done and done.

When I started shooting High Power back in the early 90s I found a load that worked well and started practicing in positions, learning the wind, and shooting matches. A buddy started at the same time and did mostly load development, always worried about the last 10th. I moved up in class much faster than he did.

Posts: 2950 | Registered: 26 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Idaho, I didn't read through Germans comments, but if he is using an M1 in 30 US, he likely stuffs about 46 grains of 4895/4064 behind the 180....

Neat thing about the M1 in 30/06, 45-47 grn of those powders and any 130-180 BTHP and it works....

Posts: 1082 | Location: MidWest USA  | Registered: 27 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I made a trade with Biebs, and got the OM 70 Target Rifle in 30-06 he had. Target sights, and all the goodies.

Just looking to shortcut load development.

thank you both,

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, so a bolt gun- you can use whatever nominal bullet powder combo you want, the NM loads were made primarily for the gas M1.

With the M70, your sky is unlimited, subject only to how much testing and bore wear you wish to do.

I had good success with SMK 175s and H4350 in LC match brass and a standard LR primer, seated to just be off the lands with a similar bolt gun.

Please do check the throat wear, as a long n the tooth barrel can make reloading life interesting....

Posts: 1082 | Location: MidWest USA  | Registered: 27 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post