THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Congrats to Vincent Hancock, Gold in Skeet!!!!!

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Competitive Shooting    Target handloads for a 1903 Springfield
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Target handloads for a 1903 Springfield
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have an '03 Remington built in '42 and since Douglas Barrel Co.is very close took it to Mr. Tim Gardner,owner, and we did a bore scope inspection of the bore and he and I were both pleased to see the bore appeared to be in excellent condition. Did this purely out of curiosity for the rifle shoots very well and did the unspeakable and installed a Unertl scope on it for my old eyes don't work on that ladder sight aperture. Did some research on accuracy steps that can be done regarding the rifle(search NM mods on '03's)for the stock and will say saw an improvement. I would not glass bed the stock, felt that was a "bridge too far." When competing in Long Range matches years ago preferred the SMK190's at the 1000yd. line even in the 308 for better wind management, but other than recoil see no reason the '03 w/ 10 twist would not do well also.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post