THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Congrats to Vincent Hancock, Gold in Skeet!!!!!

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New World Record small group!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Mike Stinnitt just received his group shot in Denton, Texas was officially recognized as a World Record and the smallest official 5 shot group ever shot.

.0077, the old record was held by one of the McMillan brothers(Mac) at .009. Congratulations Mike, it will probably stand for ever. I believe Mike was shooting a 30PPC.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
WOW!

How do they measure a group like that?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
The measuring committee consists of 3 people in different parts of the USA. Since this group was so small they used a electron microscope. They also have to check the holes in the moveable backer behind the target to make sure 5 shots were fired.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is there a reference on the internet where I could read the exact process of measurement? This is just for my info for I have no need of my 5 shot groups ever needing measurement with less than a carpenters rule.

Posts: 1067 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably get most of that info on Benchrest.com. I used to have one of the measuring devices.It is a real first class dial caliper with a scoring device attached to it. You can go to http://www.neiljones.com/ Neil Jones sells a scoring device. This group was so small and with a record that has stood for many years, they went beyond the scoring device.