THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Congrats to Vincent Hancock, Gold in Skeet!!!!!

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New final format after London
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any views anybody ?

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I might have a view if I had any idea what you are asking about. I was never able to find any of the shooting events (or any reports on them other than an interview of the young lady who won the skeet gold medal) on my tele. So what final is changing in which event, and how?

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK

Rules for trap will change with immediate effect after the world cup final.

At the moment the top 6 will qualify to go into a single barrel final

the new final will still be single barrel but will follow the same format as that of archery

Any trap shooters here ?

I was hopping Emet will chime in and share his thoughts

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this the competition forum ?

Any trap shooters out there ?

one of us
posted Hide Post
So, they are going to shoot two shots at every bird and then switch to a single shot? Why?
Found this:
"In 2005, the final rules were changed so that only one shot can now be taken at each target, as opposed to two in the qualification round."
I hasve shot International a few times, but not recently.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Peter

It will still be single barrel finals

But the format will be like that of archery rather than 6 finalists in a single 25 flash target round

I have not actually read the ISSF bulletin yet so I don't know about the "PAUSE" which is mandatory for TV commentary

So did you compete during the 32 grams days ?

How do you find the 24 grams game ?

I spoke to venturinni last November when I was training there and got an insight into how it was like Pre-24. Grams

one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot a few times but did not compete in formal competition. The closest range to me is Gainsville about 50 miles away.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry I thought you wrote you also shot internationally but not recently

Most important you still enjoy the game

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will contact you next time I am in London. My sister still lives there and I might vist in the Fall. Perhaps I can shoot as your guest?
Peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I have never shot international trap, though I used to do a bit of amateurish trap shooting of the Americanized version.

I really preferred doubles skeet shooting most of the time, as it seemed to improve my swing(s) the most for field live bird shooting.

Trap was a great tune-up for fall jumping of ducks off of puddles (small, brushy, ponds), but I really preferred to hunt grouse, quail and "huns" in cut-over grain fields so I mostly shot skeet when plinking clays.

Had a very nice cased W.W. Greener 12 with 4 sets of barrels which I bought used in London in 1972 which was excellent for both kinds of hunting. And with its 30-inch full and full set, it was pretty decent for pass shooting mallards too.

I am always amazed at what international regulating bodies do with and to the shooting sports. Guess the Olympics are just as political as anything else. bewildered

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by londonhunter:
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
I will contact you next time I am in London. My sister still lives there and I might vist in the Fall. Perhaps I can shoot as your guest?
Peter

Peter you are always welcome and for your information here is a link to my home ground

http://a1sg.co.uk/facilities.html

We have four internationals who trains here on a weekly basis

I train 5 days a week, we have 41 acres and it's in central London

How lucky are we dancing

We are also the ony approved Olympic shooting ground in central London

we have Olympic skeet as well so you can practice till your Kmart content

The only thing if you are picky we use FAB Machines and we don't subscribe to this laporte crap

There are 2 others clubs within 40 miles in eithere direction

Between February and September you can join us in competition virtually every weekend and we hunt off season with 6 deer species ! Not on the range of course ......

If you compete with a perazzi just bring your stock . If ou are into trap you know exactly what I mean

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alberta Canuck:
Interesting. I have never shot international trap, though I used to do a bit of amateurish trap shooting of the Americanized version.

I really preferred doubles skeet shooting most of the time, as it seemed to improve my swing(s) the most for field live bird shooting.

Trap was a great tune-up for fall jumping of ducks off of puddles (small, brushy, ponds), but I really preferred to hunt grouse, quail and "huns" in cut-over grain fields so I mostly shot skeet when plinking clays.

Had a very nice cased W.W. Greener 12 with 4 sets of barrels which I bought used in London in 1972 which was excellent for both kinds of hunting. And with its 30-inch full and full set, it was pretty decent for pass shooting mallards too.

I am always amazed at what international regulating bodies do with and to the shooting sports. Guess the Olympics are just as political as anything else. bewildered

Canuck

You might be interested to know

My club's Origianl name was REGENT SHOOTING GROUND

That's because in 1929 the club was owned by BOSS. The gunmaker and it was located in regents park in central London !

Serious

Then it moved to Brent cross and then to its present location as London expanded

I dug up some glass fragments a few weeks ago which I think were original glass balls they used as targets in the 1920's

Can you imagine a shooting clubc since 1929. ,