THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Has Your Favorite Chain Restaurant Gone Downhill?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has Your Favorite Chain Restaurant Gone Downhill? Login/Join 
one of us
posted
I gave On The Border another chance Sunday. I used to enjoy their Mexican food. The previous time, I had the worst experience in forever; poor service, screwed-up order, lousy food, bill messed up. It was their restaurant in Plano. We were always happy with the one in Garland. Sunday we tried one in Frisco. The menu was poorly made and hard to follow. The chips were not very tasty. The service was borderline. The salsa was so-so. I ordered a Chili Relleno Combo. It all tasted blah. I think I've given them enough chances. No more.

On The Border, years ago, would be packed. When management stops caring, things turn belly-up.

I kissed-off Dairy Queen years ago. Stopped in one in Big Springs, Texas. The place was a mess. Dirty tables everywhere. The bathrooms were filthy. You couldn't tell who was the hired help and who were the customers. Nobody was paying attention.

Once a restaurant loses a customer they never get him back.

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have experienced this and attribute most of the issues are due to disconnected management/ownership and apathetic employees. If you own a food service business your ass needs to be there most of the day. That which is inspected is respected. The crappy chains I have observed are afflicted with absentee owners and poor management combined with clueless employees.

Posts: 3676 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Ken, If you're in Austin try Trudy's restaurant. There are a few about town but the original off 30th + Guadalupe is the best. They make a killer Chili Relleno.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote