Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Worrying Sign Of The Times Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Has anyone else noticed that our flags now fly at half staff almost all the time? Used to be you always knew why. Now I'm constantly guessing, what happened now?

Posts: 13784 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I agree wholeheartedly! It started with that dope head Whitney Houston! WTF?

Posts: 41790 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe premature mourning over the loss of what used to be our country???

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Rick -
That would be signified by flying the colors upside down! shame

Semper Fi! patriot

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
I am fully aware of that and haven't resorted to that yet.

Semper Fi! right back at ya.

Rick

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
About 35 years ago I was driving through this small Tx. town with my friend (a navy vet from the bay of pigs days;kinda dates us)when we pass this McDonalds burger joint + the flag is still up at midnight! David goes ballistic,can't wait to get home to call the FBI (cell phones had not been invented + he HAD been drinking).Long story short,McDonalds had filled out some form with the fed that allowed them to fly the flag after dark. Now the policy is that if you have a spotlight on it then it is O.K.I still have a problem with that.New legislation can not replace respect.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And as long as it is a rainproof flag. I don't like it either.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I lived in Memphis, one of the banks had a very tall flagpole with a American flag on it. The flag was spot lighted and the pole was pressured and had a row of hole near the top that blew out to keep the flag waving.
I thought it looked kinda neat.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They should all be flown up side down !!
One more nail in the coffin of PC. Princeton University President has resigned giving the shool over to the Black activists !!!
That signifies the end of college education in this country.It's been going downhill since about 1970 but this ends it in my view !A very sad day . thumbdown

One of Us
posted Hide Post
NOT JUST YET!

In the military that is called "anticipating the command...", and we are NOT doing that here. Not this year.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote