New
Find
Notify
Tools

'Tour of Duty' Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
For quite awhile now on Saturday evenings I watch a TV series by that name. Mid/late 1980's to I think, into the 90's. I cannot remember it from back then and have been a bit baffled by that but tonight I realized why:

At the time I was working afternoon and night shifts at my LE agency.

This is/ was a terrific series concerning the Vietnam War. I quite enjoy it and think it is well acted compared to much of the current evening TV lineups. I am sure many of you remember it.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lester Brooks
posted Hide Post
I was in a MASH unit in Germany in the 1950's and we didn't have near the fun that the re runs of MASH have on TV now. I might have gone for 20 yrs if we had been like the TV reruns.

The Russia army was planning to take us out of German occupation, but we were not afraid. I got out in 1960 and went back to College. Some of the friends were recalled in 1962 for Vietnam.

Posts: 91 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 December 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
MASH was certainly different. Comedic, but maybe it needed to be? 'Tour' is nothing like that at all.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just like a buddy of mine who was wounded in Nam, commented on that show, "China Beach", he said, hell, we never had any nurses who looked like that.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Was Trump in it? clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nope, + neither was Clinton.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Imagine how many wears could be avoided if it was like in the past.

Where the leaders actually lead the assault!

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo clap Can't imagine FDR leading the assault on Normandy in a wheelchair. Eeker rotflmo clap Only one sitting U.S. President actually led troops into battle: George Washington, the only 6 star general in U.S. History. Big Grin However, 31 of the 46 U.S. Presidents did serve in the military in some branch of the armed services prior to becoming President of the United States. Two famous U.S. Generals come to mind- U.S. Grant (four star general) and Dwight D. Eisenhower (five star general). By the way, President Teddy Roosevelt who let the Rough Riders up San Juan Hill was also a Medal of Honor Recipient. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Always remember it from the theme song, "Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones. The music matched the opening scenes of each episode perfectly. Unfortunately the above theme song track was dropped when the program went into syndication due to the high licensing costs for the music.
I haven't seen the program in later years so not sure what version is shown now.

Posts: 3849 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Imagine Kamala leading the charge!

"Follow me! We are in this war. A war is worth fighting a war over. We are fighting a war to support THE WOMAN OF THE YEAR! Despite causing this war, and having a pair of testicles hanging between her legs, she is worth fighting a war for. A war to support the men who wish to be women. These cave dwellers have no concept that a woman can lead a war to convince them that in our advanced society, a man who thinks he is a woman CAN be a woman. This war is to end all wars. Once all men decide to have their testicles cut off and become real women, masculinity will end. Therefor ending all wars. Wars are caused by men. Once they are all converted to women, we will live happily ever after! Remember, I am KAMALA HARRIS. NUMBER TWO!" jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo clap She is definitely NUMBER TWO. Pure shit from top to bottom. rotflmo She's as worthless as tits on a chicken. The only thing that she could ever hope to lead would be all of the stupid human vermin that breathlessly live on the edge of their seats while listening to her nonsensical, mind-numbing, blabbering word salads. rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ed, have you read "Infantry Attacks" by Erwin Rommel? One of the things that he advocates in his book is that commanders should always lead from the front.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
ed, have you read "Infantry Attacks" by Erwin Rommel? One of the things that he advocates in his book is that commanders should always lead from the front.

Do those with a BONE SPUR allowed to lead? rotflmo

If it was up to me, all wars should be fought by the entire governments of the countries involved.

Using only hand weapons, and only allowed to stop when one side kills everyone from the other side.

The winning country takes over the losers country.

I wonder who would be ruling America now then? rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually, Saeed, I would go one step further + say that it should a mano y mano between the 2 leaders + winner takes all + no one else is put at risk for a battle that they did not start. But as you say, where would America be now. If T.R. (the Great Roosevelt) I know who I would put my money on, but ever since then we have not had a warrior president. I do give kudos to Reagan however, but he was not a warrior, just an efficient president, the rest are all just window dressing.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Bloody hell!

Imagine, Justin or Biden or Trump leading a charge! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or Bill Clinton. . . . . rotflmo clap

Administrator
posted Hide Post
How about Pete The Butt? rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or any of the other so-called cabinet members in the current regime. Big Grin But, (no pun intended), we digress from the original topic dealing with U.S. Presidents. . . . Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:

Do those with a BONE SPUR allowed to lead? rotflmo

If it was up to me, all wars should be fought by the entire governments of the countries involved.

Using only hand weapons, and only allowed to stop when one side kills everyone from the other side.

The winning country takes over the losers country.

I wonder who would be ruling America now then? rotflmo

Uhm....please remind me how many of your lucky sperm rulers lead your military? Where did they hide when the houthis were rocketing your country????

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Time to remove this to the Political Crater. . . . rotflmo clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree, where all comments are negative + nothing is solved; albeit all concerned gets to get their rocks off on contesting anyone else's ideas. I suppose that sitting on ones ass, + spouting diatribe, is easy when not in FTF contact with someone who would slap the taste right out of your mouth.