Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9.3 X 62R ??? Login/Join 
one of us
posted
What is that in real numbers? I've never gotten too close to metric caliber designations. Is there a quick, rule of thumb, mental conversion a guy can do to relate back to "inches"?

My take is, I forget the "62" and compare the 9.3 to 7.62mm, which is .308. Therefore 9.3 must be bigger than .308. Could be .338, or .375, or .400+ for all I know.

How do you make the conversion easy, and accurate without a calculator or a pencil and paper?

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
9.3 mm is 0.366" bullet diameter.

Divide milimeters by 25.4 to obtain inches.

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bummer! I'd have to go to a calculator each time. I'm sticking to inches.

One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
this is what I look at when my mind lapses. scroll down a bit and there's a lits of most all calibers and their "real" corresponding measurements

http://www.midwayusa.com/brows...315***652***19785***

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
577 Nitro Express is really .585. What's with that?

585 Nitro Express sounds cooler, and makes me feel more like a man. I'm surprised they didn't stay with that.

One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't take too much notice of Kensco. He's taking the piss out of you.

Australia has been metric for 40 years and he should fully understands what metric is.

donttroll

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Except he is not a native.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
Well he needs to fit in or leave.

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to bust your bubble Code4, but I have to do neither. You're opinion on metric or otherwise is only important to you. I've been told metric will take over the world since I was about in the 4th grade. It hasn't happened yet, and I switch back and forth depending on what country I'm in if it's work related. There may be value in metric calibers, just not to me.

And by the way, rather than pretend to have some say in what people do, why don't you try to do something for your country; like stop worrying about whether an apple goes from Perth to Alice Springs; or whether a bird species needs to be culled because it's native to Victoria not WA. Talk about anal!

Your protectionism has raised wages beyond where they should be. Increased prices of goods have taken away all that gain, and while the people of Australia are very nice, the level of service, any kind of service, is the equivalent of what can be found in Indonesia, Malaysia, or India.

And on a personal note, you've allowed the Internet to suck you in. You read Australia, so I have to be Australian. Lay down your mouse and step back from your computer. You need a break. Trust me, or not, everything you read on the Internet is not necessarily what it seems.