THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Empty range two weeks before deer season!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Empty range two weeks before deer season! Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Boy, you can really tell there is an ammo shortage. I had range safety officer duty Saturday and Today. Not one shooter out of a club of 750 either day! This time of year it is usually busy with hunters getting their rifles sighted in.

I had a helluva time by myself with my stash of surplus military ammo and two Mausers. A K98k sporter in 8x57 and a 1916 Spanish in 7x57. Some of the ammo was 80 years old but still shot into 3 inches at 100. Corrosive but goes bang every time.

Posts: 3683 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was at local range today for 3 hours before others showed.

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The range I go has been kind of slow also.

I haven't walked behind the garage lately.

Did do some berm improvement thro.

Posts: 19392 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I listened to a 'neighbor' a mile away shooting for several hours yesterday. He does this every week. Clearly has a bump stock too.

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I have my range on my property as well down in the valley. I've been using it for 45+ years, now some new transplant bought the next property over + built a house right behind my backstop. Mad

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I went to our private range on Friday and there were quite a few shooters there. We also have individuals living in a development not far away that just sit and watch with binos and spotting scopes for any violations of dust control measures, etc. and then call them in. When the public Clark County Regional Shooting Range was constructed, new communities being built nearby hired lawyers and noise experts in an attempt to try and shut it down permanently. Fortunately, it did not happen.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Just give the bastards time. We had a really fine range in the northwest hills of Austin years ago that was widely used (even President Reagen used it while visiting Austin) but housing developments went in + they had to close. I'm of the mindset that I was here 1st, so adjust. But that's not how it works anymore. One moves in + builds a house right behind a backstop + then has issues because there is shooting going on toward their house + wants to file suit. Gimme a break; the whole country is going nuts.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MMM
posted Hide Post
Yes, Norm, the late great Fort Worth Rifle and Pistol club was shut down that way as well, still makes me upset all these years later.

You guys be careful and keep a watch out at these deserted ranges, a single guy out shooting at a normally busy range might be a tempting target for the dirtbags.

I know I don't really have to say this to the old AR hands, but don't ever go out to one of these places and shoot up every last round of your ammunition!

Posts: 172 | Location: north MS | Registered: 28 June 2009Reply With Quote