New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammunition/components QUESTION Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Hi ALL!
After 40 years I am going to start getting rid of stuff. Guns, scopes and a lot of other things collected over the past years. I have quite a bit of Norma, as well as other cases. Some loaded and some not. I am going to take an inventory and then offer it up for sale before going the GB route. I don`t know if my spongy brain will handle over 10-15 item at one time. Any ideas how to offer the stuff for sale most effectively? I will weigh each box so weight will be known. Appreciate any help I can get.
Aloha, Mark

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Post it in the Classifieds here on AR Smiler

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
List the bullets by caliber (one lot per caliber). Ship the bullets via USPS Flat Rate box.

List the dies individually (maker, cartridge, condition).

List the scopes individually (maker, model, magnification, condition).

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
The USPS Flat Rate boxes are your friend. You can use the small size for dies, bullets, and even brass. And the larger sizes for larger quantities. That way you have a fixed price for shipping. And the boxes are free at your post office. Also - they now come with tracking at no extra charge.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Johnp034
posted Hide Post
You said some are loaded, I wouldn't ship them via USPS. Not quite legal to ship live ammo thru the mail.
jm2c

JohnP

Posts: 939 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not quite legal to ship live ammo thru the mail.

No, but UPS will ship it no questions asked as long as it is properly marked with the ORM-D sticker. (Or at least the one in my home town will...) And it doesn't even have to be the correct color. The package just has to have the decal.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to USPS.com and UPS.com open up a account you will get a discount on shipping and print your own labels.

You don't need to even need to go to the Post Office the Postal carrier will bring boxes and take them for you.

The UPS delivery person picks-up packages at my house. Just put the brown flag on the mail box up and he stops and gets my packages to be shipped.

Posts: 424 | Location: Lk. St.Clair | Registered: 11 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
Whaaa? Confused They moved Lake St. Clair to the U.P.???

Bob Shaffer

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Contact me, I live in S. Oregon as well and may buy a bunch from you. rnr@oigp.net

Posts: 70 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: 18 February 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Bohica's question has been answsered and this is being moved to Miscellaneous Topics.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote