Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A great thing about America Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Not one uses a damn measuring cup to pour a drink.

An American pour at a bar is one thing all Americans should be proud off.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now that's something to really hang your hat on, Go America!! patriot

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Myself I always prefered a Montgomery martini. As Papa described it Monty would not attack unless he had a 20 to 1 advantage. So 20 pts. Gin to 1 pt. vermouth I like them dry;the brits don't like the name of the drink. Also it seems that todays british children have no knowledge that the Battle Of Britain ever occured. Now thats sad.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I drink cheap American or Mexican beer in the states and lager beer around the world.

Once in a while I get a mixed drink and nearly every time have been disappointed by the pour around the world.

The same can be said about the amount of meat/cheese on sandwiches, condiments and paper napkins.

Ask for a paper napkin anywhere else and you get one. Same for ketchup.

I was in kerrville at a BBQ joint (think Billy's) they weighed the meat and the guy had been doing for ever. He always gave more and never charged for it. The right American way to do it.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
Not one uses a damn measuring cup to pour a drink.

An American pour at a bar is one thing all Americans should be proud off.

Mike

A cup ? We use a shot glass. Smiler

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Years ago I was talking with my stepfathers father,a scotsman who came over by himself around the turn of the century at the age of 13. He had some great stories. Anyway when he was a man grown + sucessfull he went back to Scotland + before visiting the relatives he bought a bottle of whiskey .He told me when he asked his brother if he wanted a dram,he filled up a tankard,a tankard if you please!!!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote