Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who's Your Go-To Pizza? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Three week advanced reservations; two hour wait...
naaah. There ain't a pizza in the world worth that. Out of curiousity, what would pizza for two cost at that UNO place.
Despite raves by Gato, I won't even wait in line to get Franklin BBQ.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I lived off of Domino's Pizza in Omaha in 1980-4.
It was very close to NY pizza back then. It's very different now.

Godfathers pizza was OK and Pizzeria Uno for deep dish.

There are 3 pizzerias a few blocks from the house all quite different.

Pizza is like chinese food. If the owner buys first quality ingredients or makes there own it'll usually be good.

Posts: 6390 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Kensco, what's your feeling about Campisi's? It's a thin crust as you like. I wouldn't say it's the best, but it is pretty consistent from location to location. Plus, it has a pretty interesting history.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used to go to Campisi's when my son was at SMU. It was right there on Mockingbird. I thought it was great then, and that historical vibe was very alive in the early 90s. The last time I was at a Campisi's was about 15 years ago in Frisco. It didn't "wow" me and I've never been back.

Like a lot of people I shift my loyalties over time. Pizza Hut, to Papa John's, to Palio's. We will probably stay with Palio's unless someone opens another place closer to us.

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
I used to go to Campisi's when my son was at SMU. It was right there on Mockingbird. I thought it was great then, and that historical vibe was very alive in the early 90s. The last time I was at a Campisi's was about 15 years ago in Frisco. It didn't "wow" me and I've never been back.

Like a lot of people I shift my loyalties over time. Pizza Hut, to Papa John's, to Palio's. We will probably stay with Palio's unless someone opens another place closer to us.

You are right about the original Campisi's

I will have to try Palio's. I have a lot of family in Frisco. I actually grew up there and used to hunt where the IKEA, mall, etc is now located.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
Hands down the absolute best pizza I have ever had was at il Pizzaiolo del Presidente in Napli. I have to drive to the twin cities to get anything like that though. Their is a chain called Punch pizza. They produce a Neapolitan style pizza that is not too shabby but it is second fiddle to anything I had in Italy. As far as local pizza joints go, their is a local joint called Pizza del Re that its not too bad. They put out some New York style pizza. As far as major chain pizza's go, I like papa johns.

I sense a bit of hostility around Chicago deep dish pizza (if you want to call it that). I can prove it, but I suspect that it has its roots from a certain southern Italian focaccia bread with fresh sliced tomatoes and mozzarella di bufala. I have spent some time in Chicago and have come to appreciate that particular style. Uno is crap! I would sugest Pequod's, Lou Malnati's, and Bartoli's in that order.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1085 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DSC

When you try the Palio's in Frisco (on Legacy), try the Manager's Special. We usually get the Manager's (Medium) Special. It feeds four people. We get each pizza half & half, because all four of us like something different.

http://www.paliospizzacafe.com...FriscoLE_11.9.15.pdf

Finding a favorite hunting spot is a parking lot or Ikea has got to hurt.

I had a favorite mule deer hotspot in the Sacramento Mountains of southern New Mexico. I could kill a good buck passing through this one saddle each season. A friend spooked a black bear one hill over. Another hunter killed a dandy buck fifty yards above me once. Then in about 1975 a bunch of hunters drove past our camp and parked, set up their tents, and sighted-in their rifles right in the middle of that saddle. I never killed another buck within a quarter mile of that spot.

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
DSC

When you try the Palio's in Frisco (on Legacy), try the Manager's Special. We usually get the Manager's (Medium) Special. It feeds four people. We get each pizza half & half, because all four of us like something different.

I had a favorite mule deer hotspot in the Sacramento Mountains of southern New Mexico. I could kill a good buck passing through this one saddle each season. A friend spooked a black bear one hill over. Another hunter killed a dandy buck fifty yards above me once. Then in about 1975 a bunch of hunters drove past our camp and parked, set up their tents, and sighted-in their rifles right in the middle of that saddle. I never killed another buck within a quarter mile of that spot.

Ken,

Thanks. It looks great.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
quote:
DSC

Ken,

Thanks. It looks great.

My mother said I've been there. I suppose I need to try it again.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

one of us
posted Hide Post
Paps John's pepperoni, mozzarella, and tomato, for me. Unfortunately I'm frequently outvoted in favor of other stuff.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14375 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote