Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why Am I On Water Restrictions? Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Take one piss in the wrong place in Oregon and the authorities will flush 38 million gallons.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news...ed-for-urination.ece

From the looks of it, ducks swim and crap in it. I don't think we would flush 38 million gallons in Texas.

Sounds like the city government people in Portland were bored and needed something to do. What a waste. They should send it somewhere that needs it.

I only get to water my yard twice a month. Send a little my way.

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Seems there's a disconnect here. Why is the treated water exposed and open to the public?
Maybe a terrorist and a crazy decides to throw chemical or biological agent in the water. The city would not have any idea of the danger until people started dying.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A bird never crapped in their water? Probably have beavers swimming around in it too.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PaulS
posted Hide Post
They are planning on replacing all their reservoirs with underground storage units to meet "federal" requirements.

The water is already treated.... there would be no bacteria from the urine that could survive in the treated water and the kid didn't piss in the reservoir - he pissed through the fence onto the ground. There is likely more contamination from rain water than from this young man pissing on the ground that MIGHT allow some of the urine to reach the water in the reservoir - through the concrete containment.

Really? Ignorant government employees!

Speer, Sierra, Lyman, Hornady, Hodgdon have reliable reloading data. You won't find it on so and so's web page.

Posts: 639 | Location: SE WA.  | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I agree Kesco,we could use it here. I have felt for some time that if they dredge from the Mississippi to the Colorado that would solve many problems.They have too much,we don't have enough.Heaven knows there are federal dollars (our dollars) being spent on much more worthless things.Better to let it flow into the ocean than to provide drinking water to the populace + sustinance to the rice farmers. Our Government at'work'.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
I guess no birds fly over in crap in this water? What a bunch of maroons

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Having lived and worked in the Portland area recently, I can tell you hundreds if not thousands of geese rest on some of these reservoirs. Of course liberal doctrine allows you to drink natural!

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.washingtontimes.com...alcohol-available-l/

Don't worry , here's the solution to the problem .No water needed just sprinkle on your food ! dancing

one of us
posted Hide Post
Too many east coast graduates with political ambitions come to Portland and Oregon. Most of them have Jewish upbringing which is making Oregon even more liberal. Portland Water Bureau along with sewer is the biggest rip off nation wide. There water is not even filtered! Just add chlorine and ammonia.