Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Life Insurance considerations Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
What kind of life insurance planning do you guys have? My wife and I are both retired. We currently have a universal life insurance policy on eachother that will mature in 2045. I am 61 and my wife is 60.

Our estate is such that should I pass before my wife, she will be fine, with virtually no loss of income. Yet, I am considering either a term life policy on my life as a means to add additional benefits for her, or, a long-term care policy for assisted living / nursing home issues.

What kinds of plans do you guys have in place?

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Just my $0.02, but I would considering posing your question to a fee based financial planner. Getting financial security advice from posters on AR strikes me as a risky proposition. Sometimes you get what you pay for and that would be my fear in this instance.

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I understand completely, Mike. Thank you. I am simply looking for a broadbased source of feedback on what others have, not necessarily for advice. You are correct.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ask Dave Ramsay

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote