THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    I've got to share this Ruger experience

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've got to share this Ruger experience Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Talk about a company with integrity!!!

Some may know I recently bought a Ruger LCR, .38 +P which is a great gun but what I really wanted was the .357 model. Well the switch was after a conversation with a Ruger employee who told me that the LCR .357 was specially chambered to ONLY be able to fire .357's through it. Thinking I now better, I contested this repeatedly but the employee held firm to his claim. So I bought the .38 +P so as to not be forced to be beat up firing only .357 magnum's through it.

Well a few days ago I'm reading a thread here from someone who bought the .357 LCR and was telling about shooting .38's through it so I call Ruger and tell my story. The Service Manager takes my number and says he'll get back to me. Today he calls and says to pack the gun up for them to pick up and they will replace it with a .357 LCR to make this right.

Now I've always said that there's no such things as a company that is perfect but the measure of a companies character and ethics is what they do when something does go wrong. I think Ruger earned a round of applause here for going above and beyond the call of duty.

I just thought Ruger deserved this post.

Posts: 203 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 24 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The idea that a handgun could only fire .357 magnum and not .38 Special is preposterous.

Instead of foolishly accepting that BS, you should have just bought what you wanted and reported that moron of an employee to Ruger management.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
The idea that a handgun could only fire .357 magnum and not .38 Special is preposterous.

Instead of foolishly accepting that BS, you should have just bought what you wanted and reported that moron of an employee to Ruger management.

George

I thought so too but talking to the manufacturer is persuasive. I’m sure the guy I told the story to solved the problem with the guy I talked to and things like this can happen. The story is that Ruger made it right which is unusual these days since there seems to be a movement towards “buyer be where and we can find another customer to replace you”. I think Ruger’s response is commendable.

Posts: 203 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 24 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think that we all know that you were right all along and it is a good story supporting Americas favorite gun maker.

Captain Finlander

Posts: 480 | Registered: 03 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Because someone is a cop or is standing behind the counter in a sporting goods store, even a gun specific store, does not make them a gun expert. Wink

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Good for Ruger, but you have to wonder where some of these gun company employees come from....or why they are even kept on.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wasbeeman:
Because someone is a cop or is standing behind the counter in a sporting goods store, even a gun specific store, does not make them a gun expert. Wink

I saw a recent post on one of the builder oriented boards by somebody who claimed to work for a MG shop that they thought "2K for a toy was too expensive"...People behind the counter at gun shops and cops are potentially more reliable than a lot of the internet, but a lot of them aren't very gun oriented. LEO in my family doesn't much care about guns at all, just part of the job, doesn't even hunt or fish. He can school somebody on Smith J-Frames and GLOCK 19s, and that's basically all he'd be competent to comment on.

Posts: 176 | Location: Earth | Registered: 18 December 2008Reply With Quote