New
Find
Notify
Tools

2020 Shilen Swap Meet-April 4th Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
It has been postponed.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Damned near everything has been postponed. Not just events but folks paychecks + the economy as well. If the Chinese did this to cause a global shutdown they did a good job. I guess the only good thing that can be said about it is that some truckers are making good money hauling toilet paper.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, actually another good thing, hopefully, will come out of this is for people to think ahead beyond a couple of days + not just ASSUME that the local grocery store will be there. Once again, I admire the Mormons. I remember my Grandmother saying, "If we don't grow it ourselves, we don't eat."

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
No, actually another good thing, hopefully, will come out of this is for people to think ahead beyond a couple of days + not just ASSUME that the local grocery store will be there. Once again, I admire the Mormons. I remember my Grandmother saying, "If we don't grow it ourselves, we don't eat."

I’m sure Bloomberg and your grandmother would not have been friends. Well, I don’t know many people who would want to be friends with him.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True that. She was from another time, a Democrat when it meant something different than it does today (for the people). She voted in every election because she remembered when she was not allowed to. Until Bill Clinton; she said she could never in good conscience vote for that man.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The weather today is bad anyway

M

Posts: 1244 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote