Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

gun magazines Login/Join 
posted
Is it just me or is anyone else fed up with the current gun magazines? It seems all they have is stories about AR-15's and 1911's. I own both and love them, but I'm sick of every story being about them. Are there no other guns in the world?

Posts: 13 | Location: USA | Registered: 29 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes,
At one time a few years ago I was subscribed to a dozen and more different rags.
Today I get American rifleman, Precision Shooting, Outdoor Life, Varmint Hunter and Varmint Extreme,(when it is delivered).
Soon OL and VE will expire. Will not be renewing.
I find that I can go online and get just about any information that I want.
In addition to the manufacturers sites there are numerous websites the cover just about any facet of the collecting/hunting/reloading/shooting world. Just pick your topic and do a google search.

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
I dropped everything except Rifle and Handloader. May drop them, since the old guard died, retired, it's the same homoginised pap printed by the other mags.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I also used to get about a dozen regularly.

I am now down to American Rifleman and North American Hunter, and the latter because I am a Life Member of NAHC.

There is nothing new in these rags that I a) care to read about, and b) didn't read about six months ago on the internet.

Ross Seyfried's writings are the only ones I miss.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I used to subscribe to just about every gun mag out there.

Now, the only ones I pay any more money for are Rifle & Handloader. I've bought them since the late 1960s and still find the odd useful bit in there on occasion.

I do still get the Canadian Marksman and the American Rifleman, but only because I have been a life memeber of the DCRA since '78 and the NRA since 1962. I wouldn't buy either one if I had to pay again for them.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote