Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PBR Bullriding Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I haven't watched PBR for about 20 years, back when Bodacious was the rankest bull around. I just watched it for the first time since then and it seems to me that the bulls are way ranker now. Only one ride in 15 attempts. It used to bug me when riders wore helmets, face masks and flak jackets but not any more. Must be the breeding programs.

Posts: 861 | Registered: 17 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I lived in OK, all of the young bucks wanted a go at riding a bull. Most of them quickly learnt that sitting atop a bull that doesn't want you there, in fact, has been trained to get you off, isn't as much fun as talking about it.
Broken bones were frequent --the young buck would hobble in on his crutches and with a studied nonchalance say, "oh that. A bull stepped on me.". This would almost guarantee him some aid and succor from a young, tender rodeo groupie. Some of the riders weren't so lucky. But if you told a 18 or 19yo that bull riding was dangerous, it was like telling them that riding a motorcycle could kill you. They knew that sort of thing only happened to other folks.
I believe I'd want full body armour before I'd get on 1600# of inbred fury. And a money guarantee and a bonus if I didn't wet my pants when he came out of the chute. Smiler
FWIW, regardless of their salary, rodeo clowns don't make nearly enough money.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote