New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which watch do you wear? Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Luminox Field Day Date 1820 Series with the steel band. Not too expensive, easily readable in the dark with the tritium inserts. Same as AR member cessna.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
picked up a sieko titanium kinetic from a buddy's pawn shop and wore it about 10 years.
It's still a good watch but I wanted something new and bought a tag chronograph on ebay. It keeps good time and I use the stop watch in my work. In my opinion, as long as it keeps correct time and fits your needs, cost is up to you.

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by timg953:
picked up a sieko titanium kinetic from a buddy's pawn shop and wore it about 10 years.

I've still got one of those in my gunsafe that I must have bought about 20 years ago & is still going strong. tu2

I rarely wear it nowadays and it takes an hour or two of movement to get it reasonably well charged again but once charged, it's fine.

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
A $17.00 "Steel" I bought in Australia about 8 years ago. Roll Eyes

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wenger Swiss Military.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Luminox Titanium.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13389 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
a calender who needs a watch in africa rotflmo

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Omega Seamaster - James Bond's watch.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use a Seiko Quartz for mucking about, scraped and battered now but holding perfect time. Bought it while serving in Lebanon in 1986. I wear a Tag Heur Aqua Racer for everyday use which my wife bought for our 25th wedding anniversary. When I get dressed up to go out Roll Eyes I wear a gold Raymond Weil which I also bought in Lebanon this time in 1994 (bought a matching his/hers pair)

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
for 12 years i wore a Rolex 18kt Submariner, given to me by wife number 3 when we got married. wore it 24/7 except in the shower- hunting, fishing, skiing, surfing, whatever. never did ANTHING to it. when i sent the bitch her last alimony check, i sold it( didn't want a damn thing associated with her)- for $2000 more than she paid for it new. seemed like a good return on investment. now i wear an Omega gold and stainless Seamaster- likewise indestructable- and worth more than i paid for it new 10 years ago( replaced the battery twice).

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13148 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a Seiko sports watch waterproof for 100 meters, instructions said for swimming if diving get their divers watch good for 150 meters. 100 meters is about 328 feet---who dives that deep? It lasted over 20 years. I then bought a Seiko kinetic but have had to replace capacitors twice. Bought a Seiko with an alarm, but I can't even hear it. When I ride my bicycle (almost daily) I wear a Garmin wrist GPS that I have set to give spped, distance travelled, max speed and time. Actually being retired I'm not too concerned about the time except when I have some kind of appointment.

Posts: 3804 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
I got a Rolex Sub-Mariner and changed the strap to the GMT master bracelet. It never came off my wrist in over 1500 dives and has the scars to prove it but then that's what it was for The computer failed on a couple of dives but the watch never did.

Time keeping is sporadic. It goes through phases where it's fine for a year or so then it get's tempremental about once a year and starts losing or gaining some time for a week or two. It must be a girl...

It's never been serviced although I did finally wear through the strap last year so some of the bracelet needed to be repaired.

About two months ago I was trying to change the date over month end and something crunched, and that was the end of that. It think I'm going to take it back to Rolex and get a full refund. After all you would expect more than twenty years of work out of a watch without it going wrong.

K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Omega Speedmaster -- the original moon watch......

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twr
posted Hide Post
Citizen Eco-Drive Titanium Professional Divers 300M.

t

Blessed; not lucky

Posts: 49 | Location: SC | Registered: 24 May 2011Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
I finally got the eco-drive model I mentioned in an earlier post. Nice watch for what I want as it has the day, and is solar powered so I shouldn't have to worry about changing batteries in some awkward spot sometime.

Plus it keeps excellent time with the "auto set feature"!

It monitors the time constantly:

and when it is off by more than a couple of seconds it auto adjusts! How cool is that!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
There's nothing as helpful as a good duck. Big Grin

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I wore old Seiko auto's for 15 years with only a little loss in time. The glow faded, so I bought a Luminox Marine stainless about 8 years ago. The tritium is still bright enough to read by at night, the original battery is still good (a 10 year battery) and it loses less than a second every few months. Usually, the power goes off either at work or at home before I lose time on the watch. It really needs a good buffing and crystal replacement. The glass has chips out of it, but the watch has been tough- only replaced a link and borken pin from getting it hung on stuff.

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I currently have on a Citizen EcoDrive Titanium
Calibre 2100 and am perfectly satisfied with it. The luminosity is fine and the accuracy is beyond peer. In over 10 months it has gained/lost a total of zero seconds. It will maintain a full charge for over a year and is water resistant to 200 meters. My normal watch is a Bell & Ross Marine which is a quartz watch. My 'dress' watch is a Rolex Quartz SS/gold which keeps excellant time. I also have a Tudor (cheaper line of Rolex)Prince quartz. I switched from mechanical to quartz watches several years ago as they keep so much better time. I like fine timepieces.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote