New
Find
Notify
Tools

ebay WTF Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted
I just placed a bid for a set of Leupold Rings and get this message. I placed the bid anyways.

It appears this item is restricted for export by the U.S. Department of State (DOS) under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (22 CFR, Parts 120-130) or the Department of Commerce under the Bureau of Industry (BIS) and Security Export Administration Regulations, EAR (15 CFR, Parts 730-774). ITAR restricted items require an export license granted from the DOS Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) prior to export. EAR restricted items may or may not require a license, depending on the end user and the ultimate country of destination.

"Directing the seller to export without complying with the regulatory licensing and documentation requirements is a violation of United States law. Please consult DDTC’S website at ww.pmddtc.state.gov and BIS’S website at www.bis.doc.gov for more guidance. Also, please refer to eBay’s Military Items Policy for additional information."

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
The item

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...em&item=121232807158

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming, and you know what that means, that since ebay is international, shipment of firearms and firearms related parts are restricted by law and if you live in a country other than the US, legally, the seller cannot ship them out of the country.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Yes, I suppose they now feel the need to put that on every single bid regardless of whether or not the item will be exported or not. I suppose I shouldn't be shocked scope rings fall into this category but I am.