Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone remember this guy? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Ol' Tex Grebner was on the forum a few years ago, where he took some strong criticism. He hasn't done much to improve his image... Link to Video and Story

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 891 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
that hurt.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Lucky he didn't hit the femur or an artery!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This guy continues to be a source of entertainment. His wealth of knowledge is truly astounding. Put aside the fact he shot himself or his zombie defense instructions. What is the point of standing so close to the target that you can touch it?

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Holy cow

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
homer

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stupid hurts. Wish he would of castrated himself instead of a leg wound.

Posts: 448 | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
His explanation does not coincide with the video. His finger did not "curl", it was on the trigger and the holster did not retain the pistol. He just plain shot himself. Ouch. Can you imagine if he had Corbon's or Ranger's loaded Eeker

Perry

Posts: 2246 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
no, i don't remember him
and it won't be hard to forget him

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
Great.

We need more guys like this one to be propped up as "poster child" for a gun enthusiast. I mean what the hell?! A cammo cowboy hat and all?!

Talk about giving a bad image to the whole shooting public...

I normally watch any videos with the sound off, so I don't know how well he actually speaks.

But damn.

Where's the car in the yard with the rebel flag on the roof?

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slowpoke Slim:
Great.

We need more guys like this one to be propped up as "poster child" for a gun enthusiast. I mean what the hell?! A cammo cowboy hat and all?!

Talk about giving a bad image to the whole shooting public...

I normally watch any videos with the sound off, so I don't know how well he actually speaks.

But damn.

Where's the car in the yard with the rebel flag on the roof?

What you fail to understand is that the 2nd amendment and the priviledge to hunt is for ALL Americans. Because he isn't as polished as the rest of us Wink, he doesn't have a voice? His rights are as an American and that is what separates US from the rest of the world! AND if you want to be taken seriously by YOUR OWN standard get rid of your screen name.

Perry

Posts: 2246 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I saw a guy get shot at a gun show once. With his own gun!!!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
At least he admits his mistake and has apparently put it up on Youtube to help others avoid such a mishap. He's lucky he didn't clip an artery, that would have been bad news.

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Urban Dictionary has a definition of Tex Grebner on it's site.

That guy is a douche bag

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
2 things:

1. Hope he doesn't have kids.
2. We are unlucky he didn't clip an artery.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cane Rat:
At least he admits his mistake and has apparently put it up on Youtube to help others avoid such a mishap.

I still think the guy is an tool. I would rather watch a video of a one armed clown talk about the dangers of juggling chainsaws. I think I could take the clown more seriously than this Tex Grebner idiot

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
quote:
AND if you want to be taken seriously by YOUR OWN standard get rid of your screen name.

Perry

Perry,

Wow, I guess I kinda jerked your panties into a knot, huh?

Take a Mydol

I assure you, If I was going to put a video on Youtube, (which I'm not about to do), I wouldn't dress up in some ass-clown get up, and I would come to you for approval of what "name" I went by...

OK?

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
AND if you want to be taken seriously by YOUR OWN standard get rid of your screen name.

Perry

Perry,

Wow, I guess I kinda jerked your panties into a knot, huh?

Take a Mydol

I assure you, If I was going to put a video on Youtube, (which I'm not about to do), I wouldn't dress up in some ass-clown get up, and I would come to you for approval of what "name" I went by...

OK?

What a stupid response! You did not even address the issue. As an american he can do what ever he wants, with or without your or anyone else's approval. You show your ignorance in assuming his "appearance" is what fuels the enemy's fire. They are as offended by you as him, assuming you are a whole lot better sounding and dressed (according to you). They have duped you into eating your own.

As for your name...well...you came up with it and I commented on it by YOUR OWN STANDARD.

Perry

One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
animal

One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
Perry,

This guy "Tex",

Friend of yours?

Are you guys...

-CLOSE-

?!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
situation hopeless

One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
You know Perry,

You take a ribbing pretty well. I salute you for it, and apologize if my humor was lost on you. I guess it's just too damn hot outside, and I'm getting cabin fever.

I'm getting bored. At least I get to go to the range tomorrow (early, before it gets hot).

Have a good rest of your day.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How many of you that call him something that face to face would get your nose mashed would be willing to face a camera and say "My fault", then put it on the Internet? That's what I figured...

He may not be the best spokesman for handgun safety, but hey: we all have to live here... leave the guy alone. None of you were there and the camera doesn't show it all.

Taking cheap shots at someone else just makes you less of a man as far as I am concerned.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You know Perry,

You take a ribbing pretty well. I salute you for it, and apologize if my humor was lost on you. I guess it's just too damn hot outside, and I'm getting cabin fever.

I'm getting bored. At least I get to go to the range tomorrow (early, before it gets hot).

Have a good rest of your day.

The humor I can handle, I just hate to see us, collectively as hunters and shooters, turning on each other over appearance. I'm not gonna demean this guy for his up bringing. He chooses to express himself with a camo cowboy hat and sleeveless shirts, not my taste, but more power to him. Poor bastard shoots himself on camera. Most of us have had an a.d. at some point, just lucky enough to not be televised.

I'll have a good day, enjoy the range tomorrow.

Perry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doubless:
How many of you that call him something that face to face would get your nose mashed would be willing to face a camera and say "My fault", then put it on the Internet? That's what I figured...

He may not be the best spokesman for handgun safety, but hey: we all have to live here... leave the guy alone. None of you were there and the camera doesn't show it all.

Taking cheap shots at someone else just makes you less of a man as far as I am concerned.

Hey Tex, how's the leg? Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Watched the video...What a tool!

'I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens"!

Curly Howard
Definitive Stooge

Posts: 350 | Location: Cascade, Montana | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No a tool is something that is actualy USEFULL.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1044 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
I guess everyone can attack me next, but here is my take on what was depicted here. I am not privy to his previous issues here ao will not attempt to address any of that . . .
The guy had a negligent NOT accidental discharge, makes a tape explaining why it happened so that others can learn from his mistake.Then he follows up with a listing of youtube videos of firearms owners making stupid mistakes.

They are allseem to be based on ignorance, or stupidity, not negligence.

At least one is a good teaching tool, even with the hot brass down her blouse, if you look her finger is along the frame NOT in the trigger guard on the trigger even as she is getting the burning brass out of a tender spot. I imagine that skin is more tender and a 40/45 (even a 22) will leave a blister on the back of ones neck.

Look at Bob Munden's real holsters . . . that metal deflector in the QD holster is there for a reason and he uses the same rig and gun a LOT.

Tex's video may well prove the reason why one should not do a lot of switching around among rigs for their carry piece.

Nomex and kevlar on.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
Look, the guy was showing off in front of a camera. Plain and simple. This is no different than the idiots you see making stunt videos riding wheelies and nose stands on motorcycles on the highway. If one of those motorcycle idiots munches it and gets hurt while doing it, I don't see them being able to get a "pass" by blaming it on their equipment either.

Or saying, all us motorcycle guys need to stick together, so don't give him a hard time...

BS.

If they weren't doing it to begin with, it wouldn't have been an issue.

Doubless,

Shouldn't the leg heal up some first, before he goes and makes ANOTHER "training" video?

one of us
posted Hide Post
My take, just from seeing the video, not having seen others of him in the past or knowing what his history here is, he made a mistake (a not uncommon one) and then posted a video about it showing viewers what could happen and cautioning them. His assessment of what happened is based on what he was doing at the time, some of you may be right in saying it isn't an accurate assessment, but I can't tell from the video myself. It does look to me like what he says is possible, you can see his waistband rising as he pulls, consistent with it not release immediately, and the discharge is very soon after it clears the holster.

Fact is, accidents do happen, I had an instructor for CCW years ago who admitted to, while instructing at a range some FBI recruits, firing a round through his own trunk. I knew a woman who's police officer husband shot himself in the hand, and have seen the video of an officer shooting himself in the leg in a classroom. It seems to me the difference here is the hat and the southern accent/drawl. I had a conversation recently with somebody (probably my wife) where I was commenting on how unfortunate it is that a southern drawl often gives the impression that a person is less intelligent or slow. We know that's not truly the case, but generalizations can be hard to avoid.

I have no opinion of the guy one way or another based on this video, I think it is a good cautionary.

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
I dont see myself becoming a fan of the guy but I do agree with his explanation of how it happened (kinda makes sense) and I understand why he showed the video. He showed it as a cautionary video of what not to do.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe you guys should go back and look at his threads and video on "zombie defense". Look at a few of his other "productions" as well. The boy just isnt all there. After you do that we can discuss his "helping" ways. I am not quite sure what he fancies himself to be. If nothing else he is an example of what not to be.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
"...First I called my parents..." I hope his poor mother has a Xanax prescription.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Tex, how's the leg?

Drummond, welcome to my ignore list. You, Fat Cat, Smugger Than You and a couple others on it should all enjoy trading around your "I love Me Best" cards... I sincerely hope you never make a mistake of any sort. Your over-inflated opinion of yourself would die of a fatal self-inflicted injury.

And no, I am not Tex... but since you know it all, you probably already knew that.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"then my training took over"

It hurts to laugh this hard.

Posts: 2652 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doubless:
quote:
Hey Tex, how's the leg?

Drummond, welcome to my ignore list. You, Fat Cat, Smugger Than You and a couple others on it should all enjoy trading around your "I love Me Best" cards... I sincerely hope you never make a mistake of any sort. Your over-inflated opinion of yourself would die of a fatal self-inflicted injury.

And no, I am not Tex... but since you know it all, you probably already knew that.

Don't mean to be insensitive but I don't feel sorry for people that injure themselves doing stupid stuff. Accidents happen, I get that but when your doing something stupid and you get a boo boo I'm not going to thank the guy for putting out a public service announcent.

To answer your question about whether I would tell that to Tex himself, I would have no problem repeating anything I've stated here.

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Drummond, welcome to my ignore list. You, Fat Cat, Smugger Than You and a couple others on it should all enjoy trading around your "I love Me Best" cards...

pssst....you guys come here, be quiet. I just found out on the other thread ("Lacey Act"), Doubless is bluffing, he's not actually putting you on ignore. animal Roll Eyes

one of us
Picture of reloaderman
posted Hide Post
That reminded me of a time long ago ( early 1960's )when I was in the service living in an open bay barracks. We have a A**hole who bought a single action 22 and a 'cowboy rig' holster. In the evenings he would wear it around the barracks and do his "quick draw' thing. Well he goes on leave ( KY or TN ? ) for 2 weeks and doesn't come back on time. Turns out he shot himself in the leg ( just like the guy in the video ), upper thigh, exits above the knee. When he does return from this leave, I'm sure a good asschewin' took place. He's back about 2 months and buys a Ruger Blackhawk in 44 Mag !
Walks around the barracks with it in his "cowboy rig", just to prove he's a complete moron. Well, around Christmas he goes on leave again....... we all lined up at the door to say 'good by' to him figguring we'd never see him alive again!

I never did, I had orders to move out.

Shovel ready.....
but hangin' on

Posts: 707 | Location: West Texas,USA | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
I just watched the video. That guy is a mental furball.

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote