New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good Samaritan in Indiana Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted
I am sure that this is old news by now. However, for those who do not know, here is a good read. I couldn’t be any more proud for this young man. A job well done, IMHO…

https://apple.news/AJm1BMQO2Tgi2Ta-za6UrOg

Posts: 602 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I hope he gets a medal for it, not taken to court.

Everything is as clear as daylight, so no lawyers should get a penny.

The bloody vermin of society are always getting paid!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd like to think I could perform like that if I had to, but I know better than that. Engaging a target with a pistol at 40 yards while being fired upon with a carbine. 80% hit rate. How many of us could do the same? I'd bet he had some run and gun competition under his belt and maybe had time to pray for some help.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To Saeed's comment, Ben Crump, the George Floyd lawyer, just went public saying that the police shot a suspect "execution style". From what I can tell the young man had a gun in his hand and ran when the police told him to freeze. In this day of mass shootings, that seems like justification to me.

Posts: 10003 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Definately justified IMHO. That gent in Indiana did a fine job at 40 yds. for multiple hits. We have all heard the story of Hickock's 80 yd. shot in the street with an 1851 navy, but he was an exception to the rule in shooting. Since the "good guy" did the correct deed, there will likely be low media coverage when the opposite should be prevalent. I wonder if he had training at Gunsite or anywhere else; that would be a big advertising boon.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like he may have been trained in the NRA Personal Defense in the Home course. That teaches running and gunning and shooting from cover, but not at 40 yds! I wonder if they meant 40 feet?

Posts: 3672 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And A liberal asshole is going to respond by saying "Why didn't he just shoot the gun out of his hand" or "Why didn't he just wing him"!

Hip

Posts: 1822 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I was talking with a friend today that watches the news + it seems like the radical liberal fringe are really promoting that this guy should be crucified because he "broke the law by carrying a handgun". Jesus H. Truman, where do some of these folks come up with that kind of mindset?!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote