New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting too much? Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
Is it a sign that I'm hunting too much when I tell people that Wifezilla and I are going to England and Scotland on vacation this June and every person asks "What are you hunting?"?

My friends, her friends, business associates, both side of our families, everyone.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
June is prime roebuck season.

English roe bucks are among the biggest and best in Europe.

A top end buck will be about $2500, plus daily.

Probably shoot 3 representative bucks for $1800 for the 3 plus maybe another $500 for lodging.

Easier to borrow rifles from the gamekeepr than bring one.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
The deal with Wifezilla is for overseas vacations, I go to Africa every three years without her and she gets to pick the annual vacations for the other two years.

(Of course that doesn't count the US hunting trips.)

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just go to AZ for 3 months in the winter and the wife doesn't saying any thing about hunting trips.

But can one be hunting to much.

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No.

Tom

Posts: 341 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 21 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know this is tongue in cheek, but if you really think of your wife as "wifezilla", perhaps you should consider divorce and hunt Africa every other year. You probably won't be able to afford to do it every year. Smiler

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote