Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help Wayne get a roof over him Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Glad I limited my involvement in the nra to my life membership for $500.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog...ief-executive-report

This is a fraud.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
That asshole simply has to go. Shame on the NRA inner sanctum. What a bunch of damned criminals. He is almost as disgusting as our commander in chief.

Mad

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Time for another palace revolt.

Dave
Life/Endowment member

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure is a bad time to have a weakened NRA.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have pulled all my support from my Trust to the NRA and emailed the Board of Directors. No response.
Don't send any funds to them, they just want to give it to Wayne.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1098 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hogbreath:
I have pulled all my support from my Trust to the NRA and emailed the Board of Directors. No response.
Don't send any funds to them, they just want to give it to Wayne.

Rick

They have gone from a gun rights group to a money making business to take money from gun owners and shift it into their pockets.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I hate to hear that but I do wonder how true that might be. We all know that total power corrupts but I have used in the past the thought process was that in ALL the dealings of publicized sex scandals the NRA officers were never even accused. I chose to think (maybe blindly) of a higher moral character. I do get tired as does every one of the constant calls + mailo wanting more money. Well, I have my life membership + that's as far as I can go because I support other gun dogs. as well. I love the alley cat rescue folks as well but I can't save them all. I do agree Xgrunt that this is a bad time for a weakened NRA. I a NOT advocating La Pierre getting special privileges but I do not want to see the NRA torn apart by infighting that only strengthens the anti crowd. That in itself, if there is truth in this that Wayne should step down. Like any elected official, his job is to the citizens or members in this case.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If we are going to have new "Term Limits", let's apply it to the CEO of the NRA.

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds reasonable to me. Even FDR put a 2-time term limit to the highest office in the land.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
A couple of articles from the local magazine regarding Bill Brewer and the purchase:

https://www.dmagazine.com/fron...er-keeps-burn-books/

https://www.dmagazine.com/fron...on-westlake-mansion/

The publication has been leaning further and further left, but it’s still bad.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I could have been a lawyer but I know who my daddy is.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, we've all used that one in one way or another concerning different trades. R/E, I couldn't be a union electrician/plumber/framer, ad nauseum because my parents were married. My personal favorite in my profession in the sheet metal industry that concerns the following working specs. is that 144 engineers =gross ignorance.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
too bad we can't get him on the "Clinton list"

Posts: 6400 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ouch!

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
The stench worsens.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/13...rd-member/index.html

– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
The stench worsens.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/13...rd-member/index.html

It’s a fraud that played on gullible semi informed gun owners who where sold a bait and switch.

The bait was gun rights and the switch was funneling money to Wayne.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
archer

Way back when. Before my dad allowed me to carry a deer rifle in the field, I aspired to one day join the NRA. To me it was like playing in the big leagues. Then when I reached the age that I could join on my own, I noticed that the NRA members I knew weren't the type of guys I wanted to be around, and the message from the NRA wasn't the message that made me want to support them. I never joined. The NRA isn't defending my gun rights.

They are nothing more than TV evangelists, creating their own empire and financial wealth by separating individuals from their financial wealth.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
archer

Way back when. Before my dad allowed me to carry a deer rifle in the field, I aspired to one day join the NRA. To me it was like playing in the big leagues. Then when I reached the age that I could join on my own, I noticed that the NRA members I knew weren't the type of guys I wanted to be around, and the message from the NRA wasn't the message that made me want to support them. I never joined. The NRA isn't defending my gun rights.

They are nothing more than TV evangelists, creating their own empire and financial wealth by separating individuals from their financial wealth.

Eric Hoffer - The True Believer. The storyline is an old, common, and pernicious one. They work the same way, but people still fall for them...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hate to see this division but I certainly understand. I long for the days that I remember before the 68 GCA went into effect. We will never see those days again. I got to experience that freedom; my grandkids never will.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Baxter, I have "The true Believer" around here somewhere in my mountain of books; good writing involving the psychological manipulation of the masses. Right up Josef Goebbels alley BTW. In case you have not read it yet (which I doubt) I recommend "The Prince" by Nicoli Machiavelli.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have posted my thoughts on this years ago here but I will repeat it even though I got a lot of negative response. We all know the horrors of the Holocaust in War 2 but to me (being a bibliophile I suppose) I was more upset by the pictures + films of the book burnings in Berlin prior to the war. That does not minimize my concern over the Holocaust, it just reaffirms that IMO that the gleeful destruction of knowledge is a cardinal sin.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like Wayne was flying relatives around on private jets.

First class is for poor people Wink

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not aware of all the details of his behavior although I will say that I oppose the misuse of the perks of the office. I still say that it bothers me to see dissension in the ranks. The antis aren't asleep.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like Wayne was hustling for free hunting safaris.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u...ociation-11568234929

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Pitiful! As bad as televangelists. Just generating cash and goodies for themselves behind the facade of a higher purpose. Brother Wayne doesn't care about you or me, or our "rights".

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Time for a cleansing at NRA HQ.

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1

Posts: 10633 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll agree with that. We don't need to support individualistic behavior any more than we need the display of dirty laundry. Kinda makes you miss Harlon Carter + Joe Foss, doesn't it?