THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Wasp sting? You might try this.......

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wasp sting? You might try this....... Login/Join 
one of us
posted
I found his tidbit while researching buying a cave in Spain. I have no idea if it works, but the author swore by it.

quote:
Stung by a wasp?

This really is a fantastic tip that works but you need to be quick. Upon being stung hold a cigarette end or flame as close to the point of pain as possible, the burning neutralises the pain and within a few seconds the pain will have gone.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I use one of those little electric zapping machines they sell for insect bites.... they work for everything from mosquitos to tsetse to bees to wasps. tu2

One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
I found his tidbit while researching buying a cave in Spain. I have no idea if it works, but the author swore by it.

quote:
Stung by a wasp?

This really is a fantastic tip that works but you need to be quick. Upon being stung hold a cigarette end or flame as close to the point of pain as possible, the burning neutralises the pain and within a few seconds the pain will have gone.

Are you really buying a a cave? What for?

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cane Rat:
quote:

quote:
Stung by a wasp?

Cave house. For the fun of it. Saw an episode of House Hunters Int which featured them.
Cave houses for sale

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cane Rat:
quote:

quote:
Stung by a wasp?

Cave house. For the fun of it. Saw an episode of House Hunters Int which featured them.
Cave houses for sale

Cool! I've never seen one of those before, very neat. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
At the risk of going off topic for a moment.

Europe has some very good property deals nowadays. Even for the price of my house here in South Africa, I could buy a restored (late) 19 century 3 bedroomed cottage with a trout (the seller claims salmon but I doubt it) river running through it in France or a 6 bedroomed villa that can be split into up to 3 apartments in Portugal.

I found one place in France where an entire derelict village/hamlet with one restored house could be bought for less than E200K.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hell, I'll sell you the entire derelict city of Detroit and throw in D.C. for $18.47US. However, you must remove both of them and their entire populations within 1 week.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll furnish the cash.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote