THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    One of best archery whitetail tracts in US FS......

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One of best archery whitetail tracts in US FS...... Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Let me be clear, I am not a realtor, and have absolutely no interest in this ranch or this area.....I just found it interesting. Grayson county is archery only deer hunting.

http://hrcranch.com/ranches-fo...rman-whitetail-ranch

I also think the price is nearly ridiculous @ $12,600/acre but lesser somewhat similar properties are on the market at 8-10K/acre. Whether they sell or not is another question.

OTOH, from the description:

quote:
There have been 18 Pope & Young whitetails and 3 Boone and Crockett whitetails harvested on this property in the last 18 years. Two 180 class bucks were harvested on the same day one year! There has been 1 buck over 200” B&C harvested, a 190” class buck, four in the 180” class, several 170” class bucks, and numerous 160” bucks. Huge sheds are found annually, one of which scored 112”. The largest buck harvested on the property scored 205 1/8” net B&C and this is after breaking off a 12” tine. All these bucks are native, low fence, fair chase deer harvested with archery equipment.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow some nice deer. Wonder how long he owned it and the original purchase price.

Posts: 1286 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Says in description owner bought it in 1998. No idea what he paid.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Missed that part. It says he was looking since 1986 and bought in 1998. Looks like a lot of time and effort was put into the land and purchase.

Posts: 1286 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a hunter's paradise. About 25 years and a million dollars too late for me, but I'll live in that "bomb" shelter if you guys decide to go together and buy the place. I'll check the health of your deer herd periodically at no charge.

Posts: 13774 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a tornado shelter, as I'm sure you know, and, while I've never been hit directly, there have been several times when I would have been in it in a heartbeat if I had one. Seeing what an F4 or F5 will do to even well built stick built homes will make a believer out of one. In the interim one can store your emergency wine supplies in it. Wink

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Didn't want to hijack this thread, so added a new discussion about TX tornado shelters.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2745 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote