Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hip replacement Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I fell and broke my hip May 5th. It sure changed my life style.
At first I was thinking I could never do anything and never use my guns again. It's still early but doing a lot more every day.

Posts: 2663 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I have every confidence that you will get back to close to normal. I have had a few friends that had the hip replacement + a couple (my son included) that had the shoulder replacements + every one of them was just fine afterward, but just remember that it is important to stick to the post-operation therapy if you want to increase your chances of normalcy. In other words, don't worry, you'll be O.K.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
don't know who did yours, but mine was done by Austin Orthopedic... they have 3 offices... 1 in Roundrock, 1 on Lamar in downtown Austin and 1 in Beecave... very professional.. Dr Heimrich did mine... no pain after the surgery... recommend this group!!...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2827 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
my sister in law walked like Chester on Gunsmoke for years. bobbed up and down. had hip replacement and said the rehab was a lot easier than the knee replacement. and austin may be a lot of things but they do have some damn good drs. hope ur running marathons soon.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Motivation and grit will go a long ways when it comes to replacements. Wife had a bilateral knee replacement, walking within hours and back on her horse after a month, in spite of the doc. Wink

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Just remember to keep moving; walking about a little bit every day will do wonders for your therapy. Lying still is a death knell.(not THAT bad but you get the point)

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
How's the recovery going, loilbib? I have had to do a bunch of PT related to back surgeries, and it seemed the fellow patients I saw with hip replacements recovered much more quickly than those with knees -- or worse, rotator cuff/shoulder rebuilds.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16367 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Our neighbors wife had it, in Stockholm, Sweden.

Out the hospital next day.

She is glad she did.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hips, knees, and shoulders have to be "worked" to ensure a full range of motion. The only people I ever knew that failed to get back to normal were the ones that cheated on their physical therapy. I have many bowler / golfer friends that haven't had to chance their lifestyles one bit after completing rehab.

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My sister popped her new hip out by bending over too far too soon after surgery.

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote