THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Off Topic: My oldest boy just completed Ranger School

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Off Topic: My oldest boy just completed Ranger School Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted
Hi, all proud Dad here. My oldest son who's been in the 3rd Ranger Battalion since Oct 08, just finished Ranger School. Class 03-2010 Jan 3 2010 to March 5 2010. Coldest winter in the South for a long time!

Making every parents wish come true, may my children grow up to be better than I am....

Smiler

Chuck

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4732 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is far more to be proud of than any Rowland Ward, Boone & Crocket, or other attainment.

Your son did something of real importance to free people everywhere. You must be popping your buttons and swelling with pride. dancing

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
God Bless Him!

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, proud father.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Posts: 74 | Location: Southern Arizona | Registered: 10 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! You've got to be proud. I graduated in November (many years ago!) and the cold was by FAR the worst part of the whole experience. I can't imagine doing that in Jan/Feb.

I have the very highest respect for the young men who endure such hardship so that we don't have to. Please pass on our respects.

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Posts: 810 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Congrats Chuck on raising a fine son and I know you are proud of his accomplishment and chosen profession! Winter Ranger is a tab well earned and no easy feat. The tab is a school and the scroll is a way of life, and now your boy enjoys both and has the pleasure of the company of some of the mostly highly disciplined, motivated and trained warriors on the face of God's earth. Rangers Lead the Way. HOOAH.

Posts: 12 | Location: TSIU, Alaska | Registered: 08 May 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
GREAT!

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratultions chuck! And God bless you son the Warrior!

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuck375:
Hi, all proud Dad here. My oldest son who's been in the 3rd Ranger Battalion since Oct 08, just finished Ranger School. Class 03-2010 Jan 3 2010 to March 5 2010. Coldest winter in the South for a long time!

Making every parents wish come true, may my children grow up to be better than I am....

Smiler

Chuck

My deepest and most heartfelt gratitude for his service to our country and dedication to our protection. Children are merely a reflection of their parents so HE should be proud to have you and his mom as parents.

Stay well and may God (and his skills)keep him safe,
Paul

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
I wanna live a life of danger!
I wanna be an airborne ranger!
Wink

Congrats to your son.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats.

May God watch over and protect your son.

My, and my families thanks for his service.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!! Please thank your son for his service to our country.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted Hide Post
Congrats, how much weight did he lose?

I garduated in OCT 1976, end of summer but not a winter Ranger, Dam cold in the swamps, then off to the 82d ABN DIV

Jim

fur, feathers, & meat in the freezersalute
"Pass it on to your kids"

Posts: 822 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 22 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.

I hope you had the chance to celebrate his graduation with him.

To all: if you get a chance to visit the new Infantry Museum at Fort Benning in Columbus, GA. It is first rate!!!!

Thanks again.

NorthGaAire

Posts: 268 | Location: North Georgia Mtns | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Please pass along to him my sincere thanks for his service to our country. They're all heroes! patriot

The more people I get to know, the more I love my dog!

Posts: 117 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 26 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Thank you all so much. He started out at 190 in Regiment Pre-Ranger and finished at 155 lbs so only 35 lbs.

They were allowed to get a care package the the last week at Camp Rudder (Eglin Florida) so we sent a 50 lb care package with cookies, chocalate, power bars, jerky, hard salami, etc. with an encouraging note, asking him to share (which he did) and not to make himself sick. So he called and said the care package was great Dad I threw up twice lol ! He said everyone got sick, then just ate more ...

Once again, thank you all,

Chuck

Regards,

Chuck

Posts: 4732 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sua Sponte!!

He'll tell you what that means.

Rich
G/Co, 75th Inf (abn)

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
Congrats on his accomplishment!!!!!!!!!

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2831 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A big Salute to your son from an Aussie "Field Gunner" may the gods of war watch after him and keep him safe in the face of danger salute

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
patriot

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Chuck, and congratulations also to your son. tu2

You and he, both, have every right in the world to be proud.

May our wise ever lead our strong, and may our might be ever on the side of right. patriot

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13399 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Here's a photo of my son Sean, he's the one in the middle with his thumbs up right after pinning on his Ranger Tab. You can barely make it out on his left shoulder (right side of photo). He definitely plans on going on safari with me!

Thanks again all,

Smiler

Chuck

Regards,

Chuck

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to your son!

Only Rangers know significance of the telephone pole in the upper right of your photo... Ranger Buddy and I "borrowed" the Tab off the rope the night of our graduation party at Victory Lodge - 23 Dec '65.

Congratulations again,

Emory
Another Winter Ranger

Posts: 402 | Location: Houston | Registered: 09 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratu;ations to you and your son both. You must be very proud of him, and he ought to be very proud of himself as well.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ovny
posted Hide Post
Congratulations clap.

Oscar.

I am Spanish

My forum:www.armaslargasdecaza.com

Posts: 1131 | Location: Spain (Madrid) | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well done!

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
salute Congrats to the Ranger and the Dad patriot

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Chuck patriot patriot

Posts: 221 | Location: florida big bend | Registered: 14 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a proud moment for both of you. We are fortunate as a country to have these fine young men.
I too have a son who wears the tab. salute

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote