New
Find
Notify
Tools

Round Rock Gun Show Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
I went to the show today + the only ones making any money were the gate keepers at $10.00 a pop.They went from $5.00 to $7.00,now $10.00. There was NO ONE buying or selling that I could see. I talked with a few friends that had tables + that is where I got most of my info other than my own observenses. Prices were high but they usually are;you can deal down but not up. Just seems nobody had any money.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is happening all over; no one has or is willing to spend any money.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I've been to shows like that. It is almost like there is some weird vibe that just shuts down the urge to transact. Very little energy in the room, and sellers all look down in the mouth. It is like it is infectious.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16376 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
I've been having good luck at the shows.... this coming weekend i'll be in Snyder, TX.. the next, San Angelo, then Ft Worth...off 2 weeks, then Lubbock, Midland... as a vendor, ive got nostalgic stuff..and some new stuff too.... I greet walkers-by ... ask if they've found anything they want... encourage conversations... i've bought guns from the walkers-by...my travel partner and I figured out the reason we were selling and buying stuff is that we were nice (GASP) to people...instead of playing on our phones, we actually talked to people..

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2827 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
You're one of the good ones, mister -- and one reason I still go to gun shows in hopes of running into a genuinely friendly vendor.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16376 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I AM one of the good ones.So is Jim.Although nothing has been sold today.the prices remain the same ,plus we just like to meet "others of our own persuasion".

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rabbithabit:
That is happening all over; no one has or is willing to spend any money.

And more than half of any modern gun show consists of t-shirts and tough-guy knives. The old Salt Lake City gun shows brought variety and project possibilities.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14375 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here in Austin in the 70's we had a gun show once a year at the convention center.Great turn out. I recall that APD had 3 tables in the back selling all their dept. issued revolvers.S+W + Colt,no junk.(They were just going to the semi auto.)All revolvers were going for $150.00 ea.Now,THATS the kind of thing you want to see.