New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photobucket Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of nhoro
posted
Is anyone having trouble with Photobucket. I just noticed all the pictures from my last hunt report are gone with just icons remaining. I logged onto Photobucket and it says I'm at 78%, and the folder the report pulled photos from shows 104 photos, but they're all empty icons with "this user has deleted this photo" in each one? Can't access any of the photos?

JEB Katy, TX

Already I was beginning to fall into the African way of thinking: That if
you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on
the animal's terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the
day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely
killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed
because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always
recapture the day - Robert Ruark

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Nope my account is okay, not that I have a huge amount on there but everything is still in the library folders.

Posts: 3858 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i've been having the same problem for almost 2 yrs

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Is it possible Photobucket is deleting them because of reports of inappropriateness?

"Types of Content Limits: At Photobucket, we strive to create a place where everyone feels welcome, so please be mindful of others. Broadly speaking, please do not upload Content you didn't create, that violates somebody else's rights, demeans another person, is offensive or harassing, seeks personal information or passwords, is a form of spam or that is illegal. We reserve the right to terminate your use for violation of these prohibitions or similar activities."

"Photobucket may moderate Content. However, we are not responsible for what you have uploaded and we are under no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content. We have provided some tools on the Site, such as links to "flag as inappropriate," so you can let us know if you find Content offensive."

"As a Member of Photobucket, if you become aware of misuse of the Photobucket Services by any person, please email abuse@photobucket.com and include a URL at which the material in question may be located."

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nhoro
posted Hide Post
The site must have been down. They're all back today ....

JEB Katy, TX

Already I was beginning to fall into the African way of thinking: That if
you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on
the animal's terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the
day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely
killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed
because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always
recapture the day - Robert Ruark

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Photobucket is NOT OK ! I have had an account ever since I started on AR with hundreds of photos and now All of my photos have disappeared and now photo bucket has informed me that "a 1 in a billion event" has caused a few subscribers to loose all their photos and they are sorry and offer a free, ad free subscription for a year !!!

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4198 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am unable to upload or access the site

Samm patriot

Posts: 406 | Location: The Rust Belt | Registered: 08 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
I paid the extra 12 dollars for no adds last week. It was much faster for three days then went back to snail speed. Contacted tech support by email several times with no reply. Site is over with in my opinion. Takes too much time and no customer support.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
Funny this came up. I only this week deleted my account because of the steady decline in their website and hosting abilities. The ads were so bad the site was almost totally useless, and the ease of uploading pictures was greatly compromised. I switched in Imgur that same day and haven't had any of those issues.

The best part was the "exit interview" when deleting my account. They asked why I was leaving and I said something like, "because every other provider is eating your lunch." I work in the cloud computing industry and it's breakneck pace doesn't tolerate lax interfaces like that.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
There are dark shadows over Photobucket, but they are claiming to be working on fixes. It has been working marginally better for me the past week or two.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16392 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote