THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Security (Outdoor) Video Surveillance

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Security (Outdoor) Video Surveillance Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Does anyone have any experience with home security video surveillance? I'm thinking about monitoring outdoors, towards the back of my property. I guess a trail cam might serve the purpose. Any recommendations?

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RandyB:
Kensco, I posted a similar question on this forum several weeks ago with one response. I understand your question and have been doing some research and have been able to become somewhat educated regarding such. I have also determined that it is not wise to discuss your setup on a public forum as it could give the 'Badguys' an edge. If you need remote monitoring it can be done in several ways. spend some time researching wireless alarms. I will only be specific through PM and please be patient for reply. I assume you live in rural area and have the same concerns as I. I am still trying to find the best solution. Best Regards, RandyB.

One of my favorite quotes applies, "Just because you're a little paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you." Smiler

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got a pretty good security system, but I would like to enhance it.

The only scoundrel that attacked and temporarily penetrated my perimeter was a squirrel. He chewed through the AC wiring and the silicone/rubber packing where the lines came through the wall of the house. Yesterday he tried to re-enter. He's still hanging on the side of the house trying to catch his breath. I'm leaving him there for another 24 hours so his friends can stop wondering why he hasn't twitched in the last 24 hours, and hopefully decide to live in the trees where their life expectancy is somewhat longer.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You need to shoot that damn dog. If he'll give you up for Alpo, there's no telling what he would do for a rib eye! dancing

OTOH, my wife has a miniature Schnauzer that is absolutely fearless. If he weighed a 100 pounds, no one, probably including me, would dare come into the house when his person (my wife) is around. He regularly attempts to scratch his way through the windows to get to the mail lady. Based on his aggressiveness, I considered getting a BRT (Black Russian Terrier, 100 plus pounds of bad ass dog) which are supposed to be great dogs, but after finding that a puppy cost $2500, I decided I would have to get along with my labradors and the wooly mini-shark. So far, so good.......

PS: the pen and paper are part of a larger conspiracy.....be careful.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gato

Sounds like you're a candidate for that Doberhuahua they were advertising last night on the Super Bowl.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If anyone has any suggestions on a good security system consultant, video, etc. I'd like to hear about them. I'm not talking ordinary home security, ADT, etc.

Posts: 10023 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote