New
Find
Notify
Tools

cold front Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
Looks like we are fixing to get a cold front in the morning here in Central Texas. We had 99 today + the radio says in the morning it will be 58. They said the front when it hit Colorado dropped the temp 40 degrees in 4 hours. Sounds like what will happen here. I'm ready for it to cool off, I just hope it's not a bitchin winter. Been watching the squirrels + they have been frantic collecting pecans, even the green ones.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
my cold front was 78 this morning

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
It's about 50 here this morning.

One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
22 here

Posts: 1075 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
14 in Colorado and 37 this morning in Lubbock.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1098 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where I am at in Colorado it was 14 when I got up this morning and it dipped to 9 shortly after. This was seen on my mercury thermometer outside my kitchen window.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1189 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ours was actually 56 degrees w/ 2" of rain.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
You guys are just adorable...

With your "cold"...

Big Grin

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slowpoke Slim:
You guys are just adorable...

With your "cold"...

Big Grin

-13 C here a couple of nights ago and +7 C during the day. Big Grin Manitoba is getting a good storm right now, which must be carrying over into ND I suspect

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1595 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Temp took a 20 degree drop here in northern Wis. light snow.

Started the wood stove fall in full swing.

Winter on its way.

Sure would like to a couple weeks of Indian summer

Posts: 19393 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Our temperature the last 24 hours dropped from "thinking about hunting" to "planning a hunt". Hogs must be moving. One or two are going to pay the price.

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Slim, the temp is relative to what youre used to. I remember a few years ago the news reported that folks in New York were dying because it got up to 90 degrees.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Some said the northern dove were good in West Texas. Unfortunately, I didn’t get to verify.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Piss off your lady, your apt to see a real cold front no matter the outside temperature.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
Ha! There’s a truism.

Posts: 1075 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
We have a bulb of chilly Canadian air headed this way today. Cold east winds this afternoon and first frost likely tonight.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have a 90% chance of heavy rains tonight along with 60 MPH winds + a severe temp. drop. I unloaded my steel delivery trucks this morning, got the workload out + went home. The customers can pick it up in the rain as far as I'm concerned. I've done my part. Now I only have to wait a few months to get paid. So I have no sympathy for them getting rained on.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, what did you get down to? We got to about 55 Nothing to write home about.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like we will have a front move in on Wednesday night + have the next 2 days of heavy rains here in Central Texas. If one is forced indoors by the cold then, in my opinion, it's time for a good batch of chili. That's what I'm gonna do.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Linda O.K.ed the idea today while on our drive to Georgetown. I was thinking homemade chicken + dumplings + chili of course. Chili tomorrow night + chicken + dumplings in the crockpot in the next few days. Nothing like that feeling you get when the weather outside is miserable + inside you're warm with a fabulous hot bowl.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
it was negative 18 here last night.
it was 4-F at dark when I come in the house, so were probably gonna be close to that again.

50 sounds amazingly like Tee shirt fishing weather..

Posts: 4980 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I went to the store today for the chili fixings, it seemed everybody had the same idea. Everyone's cart was full of canned beans + cornbread mix. And we only got down to 42 deg. Tomorrow's high will be 54 degrees + tomorrow night we should have our 1st night time freeze here in the hill country. At least it will be clear for the little kids doing their trick or treating.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Along that line; I'm done with taking kids + grandkids trick or treating just due to the years, but I cherish the memories. That is a little kids holiday + their joy + energy is wonderful to behold. Although I agree with Col. Cooper on most things (everything on 1911 + mindset) I draw the line on his opinion of Halloween being something to teach kids to vandalize + extortion. Opinions differ.