Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Star Login/Join 
one of us
posted
For those living in, or visiting, the North Texas / Dallas area and looking for things to do, try touring The Star if you have an interest in football. I did last week and learned a lot about the Dallas Cowboys and the NFL that I didn't know. For $20, it was money well spent.

http://thestarinfrisco.com/

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
In relation to the star;I have an aquanice with another sheet metal shop owner who built the star for the Capital rotunda dome.He built it in 1957 sitting at a coffee joint on South Congress on a cocktail napkin.He charged $75.00.He saved the receipt + made a note that if they were ever going to get rid of it he could have it back. A few years back during some capital renovation,they were gonna deep the star.he showed up with the original bill of sale + the contract agreements + told them to either replace the star or put it in the bed of his pick up.They reinstalled the star + it is here to this day.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
For those living in, or visiting, the North Texas / Dallas area and looking for things to do, try touring The Star if you have an interest in football. I did last week and learned a lot about the Dallas Cowboys and the NFL that I didn't know. For $20, it was money well spent.

http://thestarinfrisco.com/

I need to do that. I've driven by many times and it's impressive. That being said, I still haven't been to Jerryworld/Deathstar.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Went to Jerry World to watch my Grandson in the high school playoffs a few years ago. Very comfortable seats on the 50. Won't go back. TV is better.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote