Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HOW CAN THIS BE? Login/Join 
one of us
posted
i attended my twin grand daughters' graduation last week and their grad party.... the next day after the party my wife and i went to help them clean up after which they sat down to fill out thank you notes to for all the cards and gifts they got..... they were both PRINTING on their thank you cards..... seemed real strange to me but i found out these 18 yr old high school grads (one even had some extra college courses)..... did not know how the write OR READ longhand.......... how can this be that our school teachers are so useless they didn't even bother to teach the class how to read or write beyond printing?????????? UNACCEPTABLE!!!

jjb

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Admittedly Americas Educational system has let the ball down on such things as teaching cursive writng, but just curious, why hadn't the girls parents noticed this?

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What's the matter, you can't read print?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You would not believe how many lawyers penmanship is illegible.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
You would not believe how many lawyers penmanship is illegible.

That is a requirement for graduation for both Doctors and Lawyers.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
When my son was in basic about 20 years ago told me that there were kids there that could'nt tie their shoes + had never seen a pencil.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Hell, college athletes graduate and still can’t read or write!

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Cursive writing is dead except for signatures.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
If you tried to read my cursive writing you would beg me to print.
I have been told I with my cursive abilities, that I should have been a teacher, doctor or axe murderer.
Never attained status in any of them.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guess I'm still trying to understand why the modern generation can't generate a spoken sentence, without the word Like in it. Big Grin

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
Cursive writing is dead except for signatures.

Pretty much. None of my three kids are really learning it in school, though we're teaching them at home.

Hell, ten or fifteen years ago I took the GMAT on the path to getting an MBA. One of the requirements before actually sitting down in front of a computer to take the test was to rewrite several pages of text in cursive. It had been so long since I wrote that I had to scratch my head a few times to drag the correct strokes out of the fog. But I got 'er done. I wonder if the test still includes that requirement now...

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote