Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The most overlooked equipment Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
The most overlooked equipment for a outdoor adventure is our bodies.
I have been in fair shape for over 40 years. Only now at the time when I will be retired and can pursue my hobbies do I fined myself out of shape.
The luxury of having a good cook for a wife has overtaken my midsection.
I have dusted off my old trusty Nordic track ski machine to salvage some more hunting seasons out of this body. The machine did it before so it's going back in action. Smiler

Posts: 2663 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best of luck with recovery.

You may discover that there are some worn parts that were not so evident before you returned to conditioning work.

My doc said horse

But I did get in 60 years hunting and such dancing

Support the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Posts: 272 | Location: Central KY | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
At 42 I hit a light workout most days but I have a 10 hour labor intensive job anyway.
I now watch what I eat far more than I ever did but at 6 ft. 2 the days of 180 are gone and I will be happy with 200 from here on out....
keep fighting....I still feel 25 most of the time

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NavyVet
posted Hide Post
Have you looked into backpack hunting? A day of hiking can burn 7000 calories or more! Hunt AND get in shape at the same time. Win... win!

NRA life member, thanks to Steve. Smiler

Running on empty...

Posts: 250 | Location: God's Country | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
never did much of that "back pack hunting" I hear it's tough.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NavyVet
posted Hide Post
Great pictures Ted!! Is that your Bison Gear pack? I hope to post some pictures like that one day. My daughter and I are planning a hiking trip spring break. We're making our list and checking it twice!!

Running on empty...

Posts: 250 | Location: God's Country | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Yep...Bison Gear Lost River with the belt cut off and the pockets from the belt glued inside the pack.

Lash straps hold bulky clothing for stand hunting

One of Us
Picture of NavyVet
posted Hide Post
Ugh! I've got way too much protective covering over my rock hard abs and buns of steel! I've decided to do some hiking to help get myself back into decent health. My daughter and I did a day hiking trip at a Texas State Park. No hunting, but we hiked 8.7 miles and those steep inclines had me questioning my decision making skills. My pictures look nothing like Ted's, but I'm working on it.

Running on empty...

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I got to looking at the pics you put on Walters and I decided I needed to hit the heavier sets in the gym