THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Texans view on immigrants (immigration)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texans view on immigrants (immigration) Login/Join 
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In the first place those countries need to fix their problems, and as long as we provide a relief valve for their uneducated poor they have no incentive to fix anything. Mexico without their corrupt thieving politicians could be a very rich country educating and employing all their people. They have natural resources and a labor force.

Really a different topic, but other countries internal/problems/political decisions are not something we can very easily control. Look how well that fucking idiot Bush controlled Iraq/Iran and the Middle East. Skipping that.....

Let's turn it around, there wouldn't be any significant drug problem, smuggling/overdoses/crimes/murders in the US. All we have to do is fix it. How's that working out?

BTW, that too could be relatively easily controlled if we would legalize, tax, give or sell drugs cheap to those who choose to die that way, fund rehabilitation, etc and the cost savings in lives, money, resources, prison costs devoted to our failed system of the "war on drugs" would be enormous. We have chosen not to do that. Another topic.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe Mexico would provide us with a relief valve for our own uneducated poor, or is Colorado going to do that for them?

The Democrats are and will do that for them, with our money. Mad

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
quote:
In the first place those countries need to fix their problems, and as long as we provide a relief valve for their uneducated poor they have no incentive to fix anything. Mexico without their corrupt thieving politicians could be a very rich country educating and employing all their people. They have natural resources and a labor force.

Really a different topic, but other countries internal/problems/political decisions are not something we can very easily control. Look how well that fucking idiot Bush controlled Iraq/Iran and the Middle East. Skipping that.....

Let's turn it around, there wouldn't be any significant drug problem, smuggling/overdoses/crimes/murders in the US. All we have to do is fix it. How's that working out?

BTW, that too could be relatively easily controlled if we would legalize, tax, give or sell drugs cheap to those who choose to die that way, fund rehabilitation, etc and the cost savings in lives, money, resources, prison costs devoted to our failed system of the "war on drugs" would be enormous. We have chosen not to do that. Another topic.

So true. The whole state of terror on the Mexican border is a direct result of us drug policies not immigration.

The real bad hombres are recreational us drug users.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Don't know how it is now but in the 70's we would go down to British Honduras (Belize) + everything was wide open. The drug stores would sell you anything. I remember going into a pharmacy with a cardboard pic. of a large Dr. looking black man beside a pyramid of codeine pills with the voice bubble of " Nothing helps pain like codeine mon."Their system is simple,you Fxxk Up + O.D. they will dump your body at sea,end of story.No social services,etc. I like that. I also like the thought that since I have torn several ligaments in my lower back that I could just get my meds w/o having to deal with a Pain Management Official.What another crock. Get real people!!! Those of us who periodically need pain pills should not be regulated by idiots who have no view of the situation.IMO open it up! Let the stoners just kill themselves + we have a dbl. win; we get the meds we need + the dead beats who was on our (societies teat) will be gone.Makes too much sense;+ since it does make sense I assume that I will get a reply from our resident poof in N.Z. announcing his outrage.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn, NC, don't get me started on our medical system. Another topic.....

I am almost certainly going to die earlier than I could because I hate the system so bad. Went to "my" local doctor the other day to get refill on blood pressure medicine, which I really need, and she said, "Come back in the morning, after fasting, so we can run a blood test." "I don't want a blood test, I need my BP meds script refilled." "I'm not going to refill that unless you have the blood test." "That's not going to happen, I'll live without it. Goodbye."

Fucking doctors seem to think they own us, who's paying who?

Of course, that ties in with the pharmacy industry which got in bed with the doctors a century ago and won't dispense most medicines without a prescription. Bah.

I think you've raised my already high blood pressure. Wink

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I am not alking about us getting involved in other countries, I am sick to death of that. But by allowing the illegal immigration we are basically providing welfare to Mexico.....they unload their uneducated poor on us....those uneducated poor send their money back to Mexico thereby allowing the Mex politicians to steal everything without any reprisal. It is a self sustaining nightmare as long as we allow it to happen.

The only reason we have lost the war on drugs is because we arent giving severe enough penalties to the drug pushers! I firmly believe this. We will ruin some kids life with a felony charge for minor possession, a dealer ought to get life at hard labor!!!!!! Except the liberals have screwed us out of the hard labor option......

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
But by allowing the illegal immigration we are basically providing welfare to Mexico.....they unload their uneducated poor on us....those uneducated poor send their money back to Mexico thereby allowing the Mex politicians to steal everything without any reprisal. It is a self sustaining nightmare as long as we allow it to happen.

JTex:

I'm not going to argue with you about this. Obviously your mind is made up, but I will point out that the majority of illegal immigrants these days are NOT Mexicans. There certainly is some truth in what you say, but this "self-sustaining nightmare" is also good for the US in many ways. At any rate, we need to find a reasonable solution, which ain't "send 'em all back." IMO.

I kind of admire their guts and determination to get a better life for themselves and their kids. Sort of a desirable American trait which many Americans seem to have lost.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Google up Tom Russell's song "Who's gonna build your wall?" On his wounded heart of America album.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
But by allowing the illegal immigration we are basically providing welfare to Mexico.....they unload their uneducated poor on us....those uneducated poor send their money back to Mexico thereby allowing the Mex politicians to steal everything without any reprisal. It is a self sustaining nightmare as long as we allow it to happen.

JTex:

I'm not going to argue with you about this. Obviously your mind is made up, but I will point out that the majority of illegal immigrants these days are NOT Mexicans. There certainly is some truth in what you say, but this "self-sustaining nightmare" is also good for the US in many ways. At any rate, we need to find a reasonable solution, which ain't "send 'em all back." IMO.

I kind of admire their guts and determination to get a better life for themselves and their kids. Sort of a desirable American trait which many Americans seem to have lost.

beer

I too agree with some of your points as well. I too admire the guts it takes to go through what some of the illegals go through to get here.

We have different life stories and different backgrounds that we use to color our views. Another part of what makes America great.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote