New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Automobile Association Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of MMM
posted
Who is a member of AAA? Wondering if you would share your opinion of their services, and have you ever had a problem while calling them out to help you? In short, is it worth joining? Thanks, MMM.

Posts: 172 | Location: north MS | Registered: 28 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
On the advice of a friend, I joined when I had 4 kids coming up and driving. It was worth the peace of mind for me. I'm slowly weaning them all to pay their own membership and I'm still a member.

They may have to wait an hour for help, depending on where they have a flat, break down, etc., but it is better than nothing. Wrecker drivers aren't exactly "white knights", but right or wrong, I've taught my kids a healthy dose of paranoia and we never had a real problem.

The good part is, you or your kid can call even if you're with someone else in their car.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
tu2 peace of mind if you have kids driving plus if you end up using it once or twice you break even.

Plus you can get AAA rate at hotels and such.

Jim

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MMM
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I think I will sign us up for a year. Hopefully won't need a tow, but maybe we can get some use out of the other benefits they offer.

Posts: 172 | Location: north MS | Registered: 28 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I quit using them as a teenager when I called for a jumpstart from the 'roadservice' in one of out nasty winters and was told it would be 24 hours before they could get someone to me. I was better off calling a friend because they did not live up to the salespitch they gave in trying to sign you up.

Posts: 5699 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote