Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Belt Maker Recommendation Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I need to have a couple or three jeans belts made. Average size, 1 1/4" width, probably bull or horse hide. Will wear the belt 5 or 6 days a week.

I wear Leatherman on one side, and Glock 19 or equivalent on the other.

Any vendor recommendations based on your personal experience would be appreciated.

I intentionally did not mention cost.

Support the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Posts: 272 | Location: Central KY | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
murraycustomleather.com

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Impala is absolutely right. I've worn my Murray belt for years. Holsters, knives, grenade pouches with rifle mags in them, etc. Still looks good, still going strong. The curved bias he cuts the leather, in addition to the quality of the leather is the ticket.

Posts: 10027 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
VIK leather in san antonio ,tx,,,have had several belts made my vic and they are great. quality leather and craftsmanship,,, visit his web site for contact info,,,khh

Posts: 104 | Location: south of san antonio | Registered: 03 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Have you tried the double layer belt from Filson? It's not custom but it's a nice durable belt that will carry a load.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
http://www.henrysshoerepair.com

I love my Henry belt. Nothing fancy, just good.

Posts: 9 | Location: NW NC | Registered: 22 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Loveless boots makes very nice belts. tu2

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you tried the double layer belt from Filson? It's not custom but it's a nice durable belt that will carry a load.

Yuuuup!

Even the single layer belts are good. I have three...

One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted Hide Post
Black Hills Leather makes a good belt, double layer, should last a few lifetimes. I purchased mine through Brownells.

If you have Amish in your area, find a good Amish leather-maker and you'll have some good belts and slings.

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just purchased a new pistol belt from Galco. It's very stiff, no pistol sag, and comes in various widths. Check them out online, prices are reasonable and I think you will be pleased.

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Pro-Bond RB08. It's finished on both sides, thinner at the edges. Bonded Leather and it's cheap.

http://www.akerleather.com/pro-bond.php

sorry these are 1 1/2

Posts: 6400 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I'm amazed no one has mentioned Bianchi. I have been wearing one of their belts daily for over 20 years and it's still a nice looking belt. Have never seen a piece of their leather work that was not the standard others were judged by. Most of my holsters are theirs and all my belts are.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for taking time to share.

Support the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Posts: 272 | Location: Central KY | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Beretta also makes (rather has made) in the USA a nice looking belt. They, smartly, use Chicago screws (versus snaps on Filson) to hold the buckle on, which will allow you to change the buckle if you want. The Chicago screws are a good idea and a modification I do to the Filson belts. Just be sure to put a drop of loctite to keep them from unscrewing when the buffalo starts to charge!