New
Find
Notify
Tools

Very disturbing Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
What's worse, beside it being soy, idiots will line up to eat this crap. Seems like they can't poison people fast enough. Saeed, I know you will have a few comments about this too.

barf

True pork and beans!

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Ann,

Do worry.

This is the sort of food I never touch.

We have regular visitors to our house, and my wife makes sure all sorts of foods are available for them

Gluten free.
Sugar free.
Fat free.
Organic and so on.

For me they have a different shelf.

No fat free.
No sugar free.
No organic.

Just good old fashioned wholesome food I have been eating all my life.

I am not sure about so called organic any more.

And I refuse to pay extra for it just because someone says it is better

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I avoid most of the problems by producing most of my foods. As I see many friends coming up with all sorts of cancers now I can say I am glad I do this.

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Best cancer advice. Get regular checkups paricularly if you are over 50-ish. Eating the right foods is no guarantee that you won't get cancer of some variety, particularly if there is a history of cancer in your family. Finding it early is the key.

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A good diet helps but in the end this is true. Even the most agressive cancers have a high cure rate if found early. Pick yourself a bright young mind to be your doctor. One recently out of residency. They are well versed to detect cancers and refer you to proper treatment.

quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
Best cancer advice. Get regular checkups paricularly if you are over 50-ish. Eating the right foods is no guarantee that you won't get cancer of some variety, particularly if there is a history of cancer in your family. Finding it early is the key.

Posts: 3682 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:

Absolutely! BTW- I get these as directed despite the anxiety of such a test. Food choices DO matter as well. Garbage in, garbage out!

Someone I knew who was a dear friend's cousin just passed from this at age 63 due to junk food lifestyle but yes, also for not getting things checked out. She found out about her cancer and was dead in a month.

I've lost two other friends in the past from this as well.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And not just the foods, although that is a large factor these days. My son was in the army in the 2nd Iraqi "war". The water that the troops had was laced with a lot of chemicals, + several of his buddies have died from stomach cancer. He gets checked out regularly at the VA, but that's just because he takes the initiative to go there, they are not reporting it. Kinda the same thing as the Agent Orange effects from the post Nam era. The VA denied anything wrong until there were too many cases to continue calling it coincidence. Even though he hasn't developed any cancer yet, he does have a lot of stomach ailment issues.

Posts: 4230 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy, he will need to be checked all the time now.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, yes, he stays on top of it. Even so, he is pretty much at peace with the thought that he might only have a future longevity of 15 years.

Posts: 4230 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote