New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's all gotta be equal, y'kno, bro? Login/Join 
one of us
posted
quote:

Derrick Hunter, Maryland Gun Enthusiast, Files Lawsuit Over Ladies' Promotion At Local Shooting Range

The Huffington Post | By Ryan Grenoble Updated: 08/23/2012 12:34 pm

Derrick Hunter is fired up about ladies, just not for the reasons you'd expect.

The Maryland gun enthusiast is upset that his local firing range hosts females every Monday for "Ladies' Day" and, as part of the promotion, doesn't require them to pay.

So upset is Mr. Hunter, in fact, that he hasn't bothered firing warning shots, either -- according to WJLA, he's filed a lawsuit for $200,000, claiming the promotion is discriminatory.

"Just because I'm a man doesn't mean that I should have to pay more," explained Hunter, a special police officer, to the station.

For their part, management at Maryland Small Arms Range, Inc. view ladies' day as purely promotional in nature. The range's event calendar shows three days a week featuring similar promotions, including a "couples day" and a "parent/child" day.

According to the Washington Post, Hunter's lawyer, Jimmy A. Bell, appears to have a history with this type of suit. In 2010, Bell pursued $200,000 (again for alleged gender discrimination) from a salon after they charged him $2.00 more for a manicure than they charged a female friend. He eventually settled with the salon for an undisclosed amount.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I get the feeling I wouldn't like that guy much.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike:

I agree. At a minimum not very innovative.

Go to "ladies' day" pay your fee and help some damsels in distress. Looks like a hell of an opportunity, not something to sue over -- for $10 bucks.

Posts: 10037 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
I've been to the ladies night at my local range. ALMOST makes me wish I was single again.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Several years ago I had a friend from college who wanted to
use the range.She was drop dead gorgeous + wanted to sight in her Hi-Power.The problem was that I was standing behind her,her method of getting ready to fire was slowly undulating her hips.Being the good Christian lad that I am I got behind her,directed her hands + whispered,"squeeze,squeeze,squeeze."True story but as its not rated X, you'll have to judge the evenings outcome for yourself.

Posts: 4247 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
Several years ago I had a friend from college who wanted to
use the range.She was drop dead gorgeous + wanted to sight in her Hi-Power.The problem was that I was standing behind her,her method of getting ready to fire was slowly undulating her hips.Being the good Christian lad that I am I got behind her,directed her hands + whispered,"squeeze,squeeze,squeeze."True story but as its not rated X, you'll have to judge the evenings outcome for yourself.

And you can multiply that many-fold sitting in a blind with a pretty creature for a length of time with a high level of tension and excitement?? Roll Eyes Wink

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nusiance suits. The ambulance chasers have it down to a fine art. Most of the leeches have never even been in a court room. They just want to get some hush money before they slither back underground. And their clients are no better.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 Scriptus ! My GF thinks ALL of our blinds are playpens. We have (10) of them.

Posts: 1135 | Location: corpus, TX | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With Quote