New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Show Tasers Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted
I took my children (age 4 and 3) to the gun/sports show today. My children are normally well behaved and today was no exception. They were taught not to touch the knives or firearms without asking first. Anyway, there was a table with several pink gun cases and accessories and next to it was a mountain of once fired brass. Now the table with the pink stuff didn't have any guns, knives ect. So i let them look at that while I started to sort through the bags of brass. Again, my children were not more than 2yds away. The next thing i hear is the distinct crack and buzz of a taser. I look over and my oldest daughter is the one holding it.
I first yelled at my daughter, my anger than turned on the person running the booth. Who puts a live taser out on display for ANYONE to mess with. The gun shows have strict rules against loaded firearms but why not tasers? A taser is likely to be just a s deadly to a 27lb child as a bullet. I guess I just don't see the need/usefulness of displaying a live taser.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1086 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Who lets their THREE AND FOUR year olds rummage around some dealers table? I'm sure you were a real favorite. And you're blaming the dealer........ thumbdown

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thenie Meanie
posted Hide Post
I agree with the honorable Texas gentleman above. Even the most well behaved child has the impulsive tactile need to handle pretty colorfull objects. As a parent, it falls on us to be alert and aware at all times. As parents we must anticipate the actions and reactions of our precious children. Real life does not give re-starts or do-overs. Maybe before you take them to the next gun show you can help them learn how to touch things with their eyes only?

“What day is it,?" asked Pooh.
"It's today," squeaked Piglet.
"My favorite day," said Pooh.”

Posts: 63 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe before you take them to the next gun show you can help them learn how to touch things with their eyes only?

Point taken, however this was supposed to be a family friendly event. Many of the dealers had toys and interactive exibits for children, often right next to the tables with ammo and other goodies. My children know better than to "rummage" through adult tables. My oldest was going to use her money to buy one of the pistol cases for her gun. So she had a purpose for being there, as a potential customer.

So judging by the response above, you would be fine with loaded guns being displayed at these shows? Becase all everyone knows that age is the only indicator for good judgemenet and safe hadleing.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1086 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote