THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    postive report on a small business 'Logo' quest

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

postive report on a small business 'Logo' quest Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
Maybe not a viable/normal topic on A-R, but I'm sure there are a couple people involved in small businesses or organizations that might find this useful.

It happens that in about two years I'm retiring from my first career and currently spinning up a small business venture for my next career. Am going through the legal steps, domain/website stuff, etc. One of the things being sought was some graphics for the website, business cards, etc.,...a 'logo' was suggested. My youngest son (the business brains of the clan) suggested a website that makes a 'tournament' out of designing logos and such, aptly named http://logotournament.com

It was simple enough for a computer challenged old dude like me to figure out; I put up some prize money ($275 minimum, I put up $300) along with an idea of what we had in mind and budding graphic designers from around the world entered their designs competing to be selected. After a week I had several dozen entries and got to pick the one we liked best that suited our needs.

If you have a small business or involved with a group that needs a logo, check out the website. Click on the 'Contest' section and snoop around to get a feel for it. We had a real positive experience with it.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. It may really help somebody out. I remember when a logo cost 10 times (or more) that amount from an advertising agency. My, how times have changed.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote