New
Find
Notify
Tools

Correct me if I'm wrong but... Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of kiwiwildcat
posted
...I get the impression that the people of Louisanna / Florida have been fucked through the ear by:

1) The Bush government over Hurricane Katrina

2) The BP oil spill by the 'wonderful' President Obama who seems to be pretty much as useless as tits on a bull -

Not to mention anti gun.

I am happy to stand corrected, this is just as outsiders view.

Cheers,

Michael.

She was only the Fish Mongers daughter. But she lay on the slab and said 'fillet'

Posts: 511 | Location: Auckland, New Zealand. | Registered: 22 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kiwiwildcat:
...I get the impression that the people of Louisanna / Florida have been fucked through the ear by:

1) The Bush government over Hurricane Katrina

2) The BP oil spill by the 'wonderful' President Obama who seems to be pretty much as useless as tits on a bull -

Not to mention anti gun.

I am happy to stand corrected, this is just as outsiders view.

Cheers,

Michael.

sums it up real well kiwi........ but i live right in the middle of the country and lots of the folks i talk to are really tired of the constant bullsh!t from the east and west coasts....................................

obama's SOCIAL COMPACT... marxist take over of america??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Incompetence is one thing that the federal government does well.

And although this is not the political forum, I don't know how much you know about the history of the US of A, stuff that old guys like me take for granted, and with the passage of time and customs, young folk know nothing about.
Louisiana probably of all the states was most influenced by the french. If I remember my history, Louisiana's laws are more based upon the Napoleonic Code vs. english common law.
Louisiana seceded from the union in 1861 IIRC and was part of the Southern Confederacy. As part of the old south, changes came slowly and the state has been controlled by the democratic party machine. With Lyndon Johnson's "great society" the federal government became the family provider for many folk. It replaced the male/father in many households. So fast forward from say 1965 to 2005 and you have three generations of folk that rely on the local, federal and state government for their total sustenance. You can have three generations of families where no one has ever had a job, nor has there ever been a male role model in childrens lives. What you had in New Orleans was the distillate of almost 60 years of failed government policy. That taken with a natural disaster was the aftermath of Katrina.
Politics made both Katrina and the BP situation much worse than it had to be.

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just FYI, Katrina and the BP oil spill had very little physical effect on Florida. Katrina did essentially no damage there. There was some colleteral economic damage from the oil spill to Florida along it's North Western coast, especially in the Pensacola/Destin area, since many of the potential Florida beach tourists were afraid they would get a drop of oil on their toe, turn green, and fall over dead immediately (which in most places and most cases was unfounded) but that has almost completely passed by now.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From where I stand, I think the entire United States have beeen "fucked through the ear" by the Federal Government who pizzed away untold mountains of money trying to appear as if they were helping.