THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    I need some decent boots for less than $500. Any suggestions?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need some decent boots for less than $500. Any suggestions? Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
I know little about good boots and have no clue where to even start to look. Everything so far looks so cheap or leaks. Must be comfortable, light weight, insulated, waterproof and give good ankle support. Might spend a little more than $500. CB

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5120 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Custombolt,

I've had good luck with Lowa and Asolo boots. A friend swears by Kenetrec boots. Good luck finding what you want, there is lots of good stuff out there.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For $500 there are lots of options in good boots. You might look at Scarpa, Salomon, and Zamblerlan.

I have Cabela's Meindl Perfekt Hunters (made in Germany). They have been very good for me. 400gr Thinsulate, etc. I know there are a lot of mixed opinions out there regarding the Meindl's but I've had no troubles with mine. Not all Meindl's are made in Germany BTW. Germany made seems to be the preference.

Posts: 222 | Location: Peculiar, MO | Registered: 19 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I checked all of the brands mentioned (plus a bunch more)and ordered the German made Meindl Perfekt "10" Hunters. I appreciate the help. CB

Posts: 5120 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Be interested to see how you like them when they arrive.

Posts: 222 | Location: Peculiar, MO | Registered: 19 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Report to follow.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Gave the Meindl's a good run yesterday. Support was great and not a drop of water in the boot after lots of walking through the muck and streams etc. Heeler75 made a good point that not all Meindle boots are made in Germany. A fellow hunter got a pair that were made in Viet Nam and said they leaked a lot. Only con is the weight.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Glad you had a good experience. I have found over the years that another truism along with never playing cards with a man named Doc or eating at a place called Mom's,was buying boots through the mail.Also never go to bed with a woman who has more troubles than you do;O.K. well almost never.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/Lowa-Re...GTX%2BMid&th=1&psc=1

My favorite shoes _ i have used them in Africa, Alaska, hunting in snow, african bush - everywhere.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
N.C. Buying shoes online isn't so bad. They take 'em back and pay the return shipping if they don't fit.
I should be good for a while now Mike. Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WWW.WHITESBOOTS.COM can fix you up in your price range and they are great boots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote