Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pressure washers Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Looking for recommendations for a new pressure washer? Currently have a craftsman that has been nothing but a pain in the **s.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I assume you are wanting advise on a gas powered pressure washer. I bought mine at Home Depot about 5 yrs ago, and it is a name brand but I can't seem to remember what it is. I think most of them I have seen are pretty much alike unless you want to spend a lot more money for a unit that delivers a lot more pressure. I think mine has a small B&S motor. Mine has always done the task at hand.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1189 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had Yamaha and Honda motor pressure washer - both from Costco. Gave the Honda to my tenant.

I would get something with a Honda motor.

I do like to pressure wash.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I should of mentioned looking for gas versions in the 2800-3000 neighborhood. I use a pressure washer 3-5 days a week for an 1-1.5 hrs cleaning my kennels plus whatever the boss wants dome.

one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
I agree with Beretta... I have one.. forge the brand, but it has a honda engine Dependable and quiet and always starts

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1964 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I actually used pressure washers to strip logs when I was building my cabin. Bought the first at Home Depot (like the above poster, can’t remember the name). It seized after awhile. Went to a Honda that did do better but still not overly impressed.

I’d certainly go 3,000 psi or more.

Posts: 2641 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason P:
I actually used pressure washers to strip logs when I was building my cabin. Bought the first at Home Depot (like the above poster, can’t remember the name). It seized after awhile. Went to a Honda that did do better but still not overly impressed.

I’d certainly go 3,000 psi or more.

You need a professional model - the problem is they are super heavy and near impossible to lift into the f-150 truck bed.

I like pressure washing but the high end ones scare me - above 4000 psi you can strip paint of cars and skin. I have done both.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny reb:
I should of mentioned looking for gas versions in the 2800-3000 neighborhood. I use a pressure washer 3-5 days a week for an 1-1.5 hrs cleaning my kennels plus whatever the boss wants dome.

You have continuous use which is actually great.

What destroys most pressure washers is stale fuel. Occasional use I highly recommend paying up and getting true fuels.

Mike

one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny reb:

You have continuous use which is actually great.

What destroys most pressure washers is stale fuel. Occasional use I highly recommend paying up and getting true fuels.

Mike

AGREE!! Stale fuel causes problems.. I usually will add a little gumout to the fuel and always try to run the engine dry. That has worked for me..

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1964 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I've got a terrible pressure washer story. I bought a Rigid brand new a few years back that had/has a Subaru motor. A buddy of mine was going to build me an awning on my shop in trade for the pressure washer. Well (my mistake) I gave him the pressure washer before he did the job. Needless to say, you know how this turned out. He loaned it to a friend who broke it + then moved. When I next had contact with him I said just bring whatever back + I can take it to the small engine repair shop. Well, he brought it back all right in 2 boxes of parts with not a sorry or kiss my ass. I would never take boxes of parts to a repair shop + as they fix it. I also would never have the nerve to do what he did.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've got a terrible pressure washer story. I bought a Rigid brand new a few years back that had/has a Subaru motor. A buddy of mine was going to build me an awning on my shop in trade for the pressure washer. Well (my mistake) I gave him the pressure washer before he did the job. Needless to say, you know how this turned out

Just like paying cash payment is given after the job is done or in stages as the work is done.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you run out of toilet paper?

Until I retired I used a Honda, it was so old it used a flint to ignite the gas. We used it 6 or 7 hours a day, and apart from replacing seals had no problems with it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
P dog, I know + I guess that chaps me as well as I should know better, but he was a friend + I freely admit that I screwed up. Along those same lines, I have my metal shop here in the country + often folks will come by to pick up product when I'm not here so I set it out + have a drop slot in the bay door. Today, as has happened a couple of times in the past, one customer came by + picked up without leaving a check, assuming they could drop it in the mail at their convenience. So I called them up + said, "New rules, you call something in + pay me right then + there + then I will build it when it's convenient for me. Boy, they didn't like that + couldn't understand my logic. Just like the customers that want to pick up + then wait 2-3 months to pay. I ask them, "Do you do this in the grocery store?" No, of course not. You pay when you leave.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
a few people have a good reputation that you can trust.

Others is payment at the door.

Unfortunately the later rules.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most do + obviously I have not given up on human decency + dealings with my fellows with still a bit of trust. Thus the drop slot. I think that that is what disturbs me the most; those that see an opportunity of misconstruing an act of honest trust as a reason to benefit financially on what they conceive as naivete. I'm not stupid, but I refuse to give up on the general idea that most folks are honest.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Back to pressure washers buy the best one you can afford.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree I did, but that's another story.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Yamaha died. Spewing white smoke. I don’t fix $279 pressure washer. I will donate it.

Getting a Simpson with a Honda motor from Lowes tomorrow.

Mike

one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
I have a TroyBuilt that I've owned for several years with no problems.

Has a Honda 190 Easy-Start motor that does just that--starts on 1st or 2nd pull.

I probably bought it at Lowe's--not sure, but that's where I buy most everything to do with lawn/garden/home exterior work.

I only use ethanol-free gas, and run it dry before shutting down.

I highly recommend buying one of those round surface cleaner attachments. I have one by Briggs & Stratton. Really makes the work go faster. You can usually find them at Lowe's or Home Depot, in the $70-$80 range.

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1548 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve got an Excel that I got at Sam’s about 20 years ago. Got a 6hp Honda engine and never had a problem with it.

What I really like is the wand... it has two barrels, like an over and under. There is an adjustable handle where the two barrels meet the main part of the gun that by turning it you can adjust the pressure spray. Hard to explain, but it works great.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 948 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ended up buying a dewalt with a 200 gx Honda engine.

Absolute beast.

Turns out all us made pressure washers with Honda engines are built by fna for everybody - dewalt, Simpson, northern tool ect

Same pressure washer different accessories and branding.

My dewalt had a Simpson oil packet Wink

The dewalt was $200 cheaper than the Simpson at Lowes. Same machine different accessories.

Mike