Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOCK DOWN IN MICHIGAN Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
As of 1201 AM today lock down for MICHIGAN We can go to the grocery store,gas station,Pharmacy,auto store, day care centers, banks and the auto store, They want you to shop for the essentials and then leave. Oh I forgot laundry mats.

Posts: 114 | Location: northern lower michigan | Registered: 22 November 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Long as auto and liquor stores are open, I won't bitch. Smiler

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1593 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
They're open here in Texas. I hear that a large part of this nation is having sewer clogging problems because folks are flushing cloth + paper towels, etc. IDIOTS! Things aren't bad enough but some fools that don't have the sense that God promised a rag doll are now causing a different potential 2020 health issue.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I really haven't notice to much of a difference out here in the country.

Where as I might go into town to visit in I just call.

Posts: 19388 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Our Governor announced we are on lock down, She said you can outside for a walk,walk your dog get some fresh air but stay close to home. But NO!!!! we got people up here in Northern Michigan bring there kids from down state,they even tried to go to the state parks to camp,which are closed to further notice. We have a Tiny grocery store up here,which has a lot of good deals and we have a lot of paper products more than are two sister cities that Have Meijer"s and wally world. We had people come as far as Flint which is roughly 150 miles just to get the specials from this store. Yes it is good for our community but not now!!!! Stay Home like the Governor said.
So far we have no confirm cases in our County I would like to keep it that way.

Posts: 114 | Location: northern lower michigan | Registered: 22 November 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your governor acts like a leader should.

We went out for groceries yesterday. Walmart had everything except toilet paper and hand sanitizer. (We didn't need either.) They had shelves full of bread and milk. Kroger's was nearly empty for staples like milk, bread, rice, and beans. We're trying Kroger's order by phone and drive-by pickup next week. I'm not optimistic.

Stopped by Specs and picked up some wine and Bailey's. No one was wearing PPE.

In Walmart, ninety percent of the people (customers & staff) were NOT wearing masks or gloves. My wife wears both. I wear the mask.

I think North Texas is weeks away from a sudden surge in virus transmission. People just aren't taking the situation seriously.

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Australia started lock down on midday March 23. All businesses like restaurants, sporting events, anywhere where people gather were all closed down midday.

It has rapidy moved on since then with huge fines including jail. Drones are out to check no more than 2 people together.

Probably a lot easier in Australia because whereas America has 50 small states and 50 Governors Australia is 6 big states (area, not population) and therefore just 6 Premiers. The Prime Minister heads a national cabinet of himself anf the 6 Premiers. Some states are Labor party so both major parties included.

They meet every day and every couple of nights the PM does an address to the nation of "what is next"

There are limited reasons why you can leave home.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saw a Facebook post where some woman asked if anyone know anyone doing hair + nails. Another woman replied, "Sure, your local mortician. Stay at home!"

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That was a perfect answer.

Just got back from Kroger's. We had ordered about 100 items online. They could fill about half that, plus two substitutions. They said pickup would be in two days, it turned out to be five.

The funny part was that while I was waiting outside for them to deliver our online order to the car, my wife was inside shopping. When I learned what wasn't going to be in the online order, I called her. She found about half those items on the shelf (what's with that?) so we did OK. We got about 80% of what we wanted.

More people were wearing masks and gloves in the store; regrettably, only one of the employees was.

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know. I went to the store a few days ago + while a bit embarrassed I wore a mask but when I got in half the people were wearing them. My mother sews in her retirement + has taken to making masks + giving them away to relatives, friends, + community members. She just leaves them on the porch for folks to pick up.